Job SummaryUses technical expertise, creativity, and composition skills to produce and preserve images that visually tell a story or record an event. Achieves technical, qualitative and quantitative goals while meeting project’s needs and deadlines. Sets up photographic equipment, takes photos, edits and retouches images, and archives photos. Performs a variety of complex photographic techniques to produce color and/or black and white photo graphs of varied, special character subject material for records, presentations, or publicationsJob Roles & ResponsibilitiesPrincipal Accountabilities
- Taking the brief to understand specifications and working closely with the art team to develop a concept.
- Captures and processes images until desired results are achieved.
- Maintains an in depth understanding of photographic best practices and procedures.
Additional Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Operates and maintains a wide range of camera equipment regularly employing the use of diverse techniques and specialized photographic expertise such as photomicrography, macrophotography, medical photography, etc., to photograph difficult material such as very large/small objects, deteriorating material, remote or unusually placed objects, light sensitive material, shining surfaces, etc.
- Plans the composition of the photograph, analyzing the subject material and selecting the angle, lighting, and background to enhance desired or to eliminate unwanted features to produce the most aesthetically effective and informative photograph.
- Takes the brief to understand specifications and work closely with the art team to develop the concept
- Captures and processes images until you achieve desired results
- Constantly improves image quality using various editing methods
- Uses and maintains modern and traditional technical equipment (cameras, lenses etc.)
- Arranges objects, scenes, lighting and background to adhere to specifications
- Archives photographic images and maintain database
- Maintains an in depth understanding of photographic best practices and procedures
- Liaises with other professionals, including graphic designers, writers, gallery managers, picture researchers, commissioning editors and art directors
- Develops expertise with software to digitally enhance images by, for example, changing emphasis, cropping pictures, correcting minor faults or moving objects around
- Develops a good portfolio, building a network of contacts and achieving a reputation for quality and reliability in order to secure future assignments
- Markets and advertises services to attract clients.
- Proven professional shooting experience
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop, Capture One or other photography specific software
- Knowledge of production process for online publishing and various printing applications
- Competent in applying photographic best practices and techniques
- Adept in retouching photos, adding details and other digital additions.
- Familiarity with design and photography softwares.
- Proficient with traditional and modern photography equipment
- Skills in composing a shot, understand framing, color and light to create a visually pleasing photograph.
- Independent skills to bring in new clients, meet with people and talk with customers.
- Skills in retouching photos or other digital additions through a computer.
- Attention to detail, and eye on everything before, during and after the shot.
- Interpersonal skills; to speak in a clear, friendly way, and interpret directions to subjects
Total 7 year(s) On Job 3 year(s) GCC 1 year(s) EducationBachelor’s Degree in any related fieldProfesional degree in Photography