The client is looking for a phlebotomist who will be responsible to collect blood and other specimen samples as per the safety and quality standards of the hospital.
- You comply with the Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures and quality control requirements.
- Verify test requisitions by comparing information with nursing station log; bringing discrepancies to the attention of unit personnel;· Verify patient by reading patient identification;·
- Obtain blood specimens by performing venipunctures and finger sticks;
- Maintain specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures; observing isolation procedures;·
- Collecting therapeutic drug-monitoring assays by collaborating with nursing personnel to ensure appropriate drug dose to collection time;
- Tracking collected specimens by initialing, dating, and noting times of collection; maintaining daily tallies of collections performed;·
- Monitor glucose levels by performing bedside glucose tests; recording results; reporting results to unit nurse-manager;
- Perform bleeding-times tests by entering results to the computer; notifying pathologist of results falling outside normal ranges;
- Maintain quality results by following department procedures and testing schedule; recording results in the quality-control log; identifying and reporting needed changes;
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations;
- Resolving unusual test orders by contacting the physician, pathologist, nursing station, or reference laboratory; referring unresolved orders back to the originator for further clarification; notifying supervisor of unresolved orders;
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations;
- Enhancing phlebotomy department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
who you are
- Excellent English communication skills;
- Strong clinical skills and knowledge;
- Ability to deal tactfully with people and develop good working relationships;
- Able to multitask efficiently and effectively; Education & Qualifications:· Diploma in Phlebotomy or Bachelors / Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology;
- Valid home country license;
- Minimum of three years of phlebotomy experience.