Cochlear has fantastic opportunity for a People & Culture Officer to join our developing Service & Experience team based in Dubai on a fixed term, part time basis.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing a highly professional and proficient first point of contact advisory and administrative service to both our employees and our own People & Culture (P&C) function in the EMEA region and with a focus across the MEA region.
As a newly established function, you will have the opportunity to shape how we deliver P&C services to our business. You will contribute to the development of our P&C knowledge library and execute processes to provide a high-quality, consistent service. Initially, this will be an 18-month FTC, working roughly 32 hours over a four or five day week with the potential to go permanent.
- Manage HR systems for all employee lifecycle activities, including:
- Set-up of new employees on P&C systems
- Support employees and managers with system issues
- Action all employment status changes
- Undertake analysis and prepare reports on employee lifecycle processes and planning processes
- Be the first point of contact for all P&C enquiries and work closely with the other P&C functions to respond with agreed standards and service levels:
- Provide timely advice and guidance to employees and managers on all matters relating to employee lifecycle processes, programs and policies
- Ensure enquiries are actioned, resolved and tracked in accordance with documented processes
- Proactively build relationships and engagement within business areas, building confidence and awareness as the first point of contact into P&C
- Work closely with the different P&C functions and your colleagues across the wold
- Support cyclical P&C activities and provide administration support for P&C projects and programs
- Proactively identify and contribute to process and service improvements
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you’ll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience working within a HR shared-service function
- Involved in HRIS integration or a company wide systems transformation
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer service – timely, accurate and professional
- Display a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication in Arabic and English
- Ability to work autonomously but use good judgement to escalate matters and work with other stakeholders to resolve queries where appropriate
- Intermediate proficiency in the Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and with other stakeholders
- Relevant tertiary qualifications ideally in Human Resources, Psychology, and/or Industrial Relations
- Proficiency in other languages where Cochlear has sizeable office locations in EMEA
If you are an enthusiastic team-player with strong administration and customer service skills, who thrives on learning and has a continuous improvement mindset, this role will provide a fantastic opportunity to:
- Work across business unit portfolios and organisational boundaries
- Grow your knowledge of key P&C processes and how they support the employee lifecycle
- Assist in the design and implementation of process improvement initiatives
- Build and maintain a professional and efficient customer facing team
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect – this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.