BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Facilitate the work of senior staff to effectively position WFP with public, private and external partners to attract policy support, resources, technical assistance and innovative solutions to advance the work of WFP, while supporting member states in the achievement of the SDGs and Zero Hunger and emphasizing WFP’s contributions in this regard.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Implement the work plan for an assigned area to enable WFP to identify, develop and strengthen quality partnerships in support of WFP strategic objectives.
- Proactively contribute to a partnerships portfolio, including partner profiling, data/trends analysis and outreach activities, with the aim to maximize resources and leverage policy and technical support for WFP’s work; Ensure partner visibility and that partner conditions are met.
- Use data to propose options to managers to expand support from existing partners and to scope new partners, guided by programmatic assessment and context-specific analysis, with the aim to enhance the impact of WFP’s work and diversify the resource base.
- Solicit inputs, including operational updates, from other WFP entities to inform partner audiences on WFP’s programmatic offering; Draft quality briefs and proactively highlight strategic issues to senior staff to inform best course of action and nurture partnership growth.
- Gather and present internal and external data/information, using key information systems (e.g. Salesforce, WINGS, WFPGo), to support WFP’s effective positioning vis-à-vis national governments, regional and international institutions with the aim to influence the policy agenda.
Cont’d: KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
6. In the context of the UN system and multilateral fora, support the development of partnerships and joint events with member states, civil society and intergovernmental organizations to advocate for the SDGs and Zero Hunger on the global agenda and advance WFP priorities and objectives.
7. Contribute to draw up quality partner proposals and reports by engaging with other WFP entities and external stakeholders.
8. Support senior managers in the preparation of strategic agreements, joint strategies and MOUs in order to promote the SDGs and Zero Hunger on the national, regional and global agenda and to reach advantageous outcomes for WFP.
9. Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance, and monitor defined risks.
10. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Experience: Minimum three or more years of relevant professional work experience in partnership roles or first university degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Knowledge and skills: Excellent communication skills (both verbal and in writing), ability to support the coordination and communication with government counterparts and other stakeholders, strong team player who is able to establish effective working relations with persons of different national and culture backgrounds, ability to perform detailed work, work of a confidential nature and/or to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has a basic understanding of government strategies.
- Has developed effective relationships with partners and explored new areas to scale- up existing activities and researched new opportunities.
- Has developed powerful narratives by using data analysis visualization to enable action-oriented discussions with partners.
- Has prepared briefs to raise resources for operations and collaborated for timely registration, maintenance and update of contributions and forecasts.
- Has provided advanced technical support and identified opportunities for service delivery excellence to strengthen partnerships.
- Has motivated team spirit and contributed to a gender-balanced, inclusive and sound working environment.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
10 August 2022