The Department of Surgery at Security Forces Hospital Program Dammam is a consultant delivered service. The team consists of the Paediatric Consultant who works in collaboration with Paediatric Surgery Senior Registrar/Registrar and Resident in patient care and in formulating management plans for patients.
- To act under the supervision of the Paediatric Surgery Consultant in the provision of a Paediatric Surgical service and to support the Paediatric Surgery Consultant in their duties.
- To attend daily ward rounds with the surgical team.
- Take hand over of patients from previous shift Senior Registrar/Registrar, so that continuity of care is ensured, and immediate decisions are made and orders written.
- To review patients on a regular basis in accordance with the plan of care made at the beginning of the shift and inform the consultant of any issues or problems.
- Document review findings in clinical notes in a timely and legible manner.
- To cover Operating Room duties as assigned.
- To respond to any adverse occurrences e.g. injuries, falls, sudden illnesses etc, suffered by patients, visitors or staff.
- To contribute to quality improvement; risk management initiatives and policy development so that the overall Paediatric Surgical Service is of the highest quality and reflective of best practice.
- To assist in the education of colleagues and staff. Act and behave professional and perform one’s duties in a manner that optimizes patient care and protects and enhances the reputation of the hospital. To adhere to hospital policies and procedures e.g. infection control, work hours and overtime.
- To comply with Health and Safety Regulations, ensuring safe working practices in a safe working environment. Should undertake any other duties that may be required, which could include assisting medical colleagues throughout the hospital and acting as a resource for more junior colleagues.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member is familiar with Hospital information system and processes to ensure dissemination of information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Share actively in patient & family education in collaboration with all related other healthcare givers.
- Participate in patient safety and family education program.
- Comply with the standards laid down by the Central Board for Accreditation of Healthcare Institutions (CBAHI) and Joint Commission International Accreditation Standards (JCIA), performs the duties necessary to support and achieve accreditation.
- Perform other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Through the chain of command and/or occurrence variance report, identifies any occurrence not consistent with the operation of the hospital or standard of service for patients, employees or visitors and situations that put patients, staff or visitors at risk for injury or other harm.
Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine.
Saudi Board, Arab Board or equivalent degree recognized by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCFHS).
Maintains a valid Saudi Commission for Health Specialties license (SCFHS) as Paediatric Surgery Senior Registrar/Registrar