To manage and develop the Bahrain operations function including the overall management and monitoring of Health and Safety within the Branch, debt management and account settlements, processing, handling and maintenance of equipment for hire and sale; transport and provision of facility’s and services to Bahrain Business.
The Operations Manager Bahrain will be concerned with all operational matters and physical services for the provision of hire and sale equipment to the Bahrain business, with particular attention being paid to:-
• Maintaining a definitive awareness and pro-active personal responsibility for the implementation of RMDK’s Quality Assurance and Health and Safety plans, policies and procedures.
• Management and co-ordination of the fleet and stock.
• Control of fleet and stock and completing inventory checks as required.
• Maintain operating standards within the Branch in conjunction with the Bahrain General Manager and Divisional Managing Director.
• Co-ordinate, in conjunction with the Bahrain Credit Controller, debt management and account settlements for the Bahrain Business.
• Maintenance and security of facilities.
• Maintenance of equipment.
• Transport and distribution arrangements.
• Management of operations and monthly reporting in terms of management of property, health and safety, hourly paid activities, security and utilities.
• Recruitment, training, motivation, coaching and discipline of works supervision staff and all hourly paid and contracted personnel.
• Conflict resolution of all operational matters.
• Negotiation of all matters related to hourly paid, e.g. incentive payment scheme, industrial relation matters within the yard facility.
• Implementation of safe working practices within the meaning of current legislation and as per best internal best practice guideline’s ensuring the highest standards possible are achieved and or/maintained.
• Initiating works layout improvements, new facilities or equipment and new methods of working.
• Effective employment, health and safety of works staff and hourly personnel.
• Ensuring branch targets are achieved in all internal / external audits
• Quality, quantity and consistency of repairs and refurbishing carried out in the region.
• Staff, motivation/ on the job training coaching and mentoring to develop and effective team.
• To minimize the variable staffing costs of overtime in conjunction with appropriate operational heads and management.
• In conjunction with appropriate operational heads and management, identify the training needs of operational personnel and to give all personnel the opportunity to broaden their skills and allow effective delegation. Part of this development is to raise general commercial awareness of branch staff and ensuring there is continuous improvement at branch level.
• Preparation and delivery of orders & returns by operations within the time constraints reasonably demanded by the Sales team.
• The monitoring, forecasting and reporting fleet and stock levels and or quality thereof to support the business.
• Monthly reporting on progress and performance quality and quantity of work by the Operations team.
• Monitoring and reporting on activity levels and suggesting improvements to the operations function &/or facility’s to enhance operational efficiency.
• Be aware of and adhere to the Company’s Health & Safety policies and procedures.