Operations Manager | Al Futtaim Logistics | Jebel Ali
Overview of the role:
- Efficient planning of workload and resource.
- Fully accountable for the growth, success, and operational results of the Business Unit.
- Fully accountable for all the assets under control, both human and material.
- Complete ownership of the Business Units operational processes and risks, including the regular review and improvement thereof
- Key authority to represent the Business Unit with the Customers, Government authorities, Senior Company Management, and all Staff.
- Ensuring proactive and on-going liaison, communication, and action with all internal departments/customers to maximize intra-company efficiencies and bridge inter-departmental relationships.
- Set signed Service Level Agreements with customer / internal stakeholders.
- Develop Operating Plans and ensure targets have been achieved through regular review.
- Report Monthly Key Performance Indicator’s and Financials to the Management/Customer.
- Anticipate potential threats and opportunities.
- Formulate strategic plans to grow both existing and new business within the Business Unit Sector.
- Apply a broad knowledge and perspective to anticipate future trends and consequences.
- Use appropriate tools to achieve a short term and long-term business objectives.
- Negotiate rates and service levels with customers to ensure value-added business opportunities are continuously developed / maintained.
Required Skills to be successful:
- Knowledge of the Logistics and Supply Chain within the UAE
- System knowledge and usage within transport and logistics
- 6 to 8 years in large scale warehousing operations
- Man management, planning, detailed understanding of operational, administrative and system processes
About the Team:
- Al-Futtaim Logistics Automotive division has a mission of delivering the highest level of service, quality, and efficiency to the region’s leading Automotive retailers. The Operations Manager will report to the Managing Director and lead, motivate, and drive the operational teams to achieve daily operational and business targets to an agreed operating plan and budget. Deliver to agreed service levels and ensure compliance of all Key Performance Indicator targets.
What equips you for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree
- In depth Knowledge of the Logistics and Supply Chain
- Experience with large scale warehousing operations
- Experience in achieving daily operational and business targets to an agreed operating plan and budget
- Supervisory skills