Operations Executive – Tankers
The person in Operations Executive-Tankers position will be handling, monitoring and supervising tanker operations activities to provide quality agency services to clients. His primary responsibilities would be from completing port call from appointment until FDA settlement with assistance from Accounts department for invoicing.
- Appointment review, registration of vessel with authorities and updating vessel’s estimated time of arrival, berthing, completion, departure and changes to such timings.
- Close co-ordination with Principals and vessels, understanding their requirements and making appropriate arrangements with various parties, including ports and Government authorities to meet those requirements and to ensure quick turn-around of the vessel.
- Carefully read all appointments in detail and acknowledge acceptance with copy to documentation and disbursement desk.
- Open call file in simply system, feed in all required details and initiate cards in Kanbanize system.
- All pre-arrival formalities to be advised to Master upon receipt of appointment by email.
- Notify all local parties of developments with vessels arrival / operations – terminal, surveyors, shippers and port by email / phone and SMS.
- Communicate with terminal and shippers on regular basis to know cargo readiness status and send relevant updates to concerned parties, including to the client.
- Liaise with local office representative to ensure that all pre-arrival formalities are completed and to ensure that arrangements for delivery of all booked services are in place prior to vessels’ arrival.
- In case pre-arrival documents are not received from the Master, call Master / customer and get all required information for completing formalities.
- On the day of vessel’s arrival / a day prior arrival (depending on ETA), call port and confirm all formalities are in place and ship shall be granted entry without any problem.
- Acknowledge Masters’ arrival notice by email, and pass on to Terminal, shippers, receivers and any other party involved in operations.
- Ensure arrival notice has been delivered to terminal, if not then follow up by call.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with all stake holders, including Shippers, receivers, charterers, brokers and with Principals to keep them fully informed of vessel’s status.
- Establish close communication with planners of the terminal to get all required info on berthing plans / vessel line up and cargo readiness.
- Ensure quick boarding and clearance of vessel all times.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Operations position dealing with Tankers.
- Graduate from a reputed university
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English, knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage
- Must be familiar with all documentations related to Tanker Operations