AU is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated candidate to join its growing team in the Facilities and Projects department at the level of Officer. The successful candidate shall support the daily operation of the department and ensure that duties are carried out to a satisfactory standards.
Job Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Provides comprehensive level of assistance to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Provides high level of administrative and clerical support to the unit, department or function.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously, and follow-up on issues in a timely manner.
- Collect and prepare background documents for various tasks.
- Undertakes special projects to meet the objectives of the department.
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining and administering the facilities department records (stocked and released) weekly to ensure accuracy of information recorded.
- Responsible for administering the receipt and inspection of all facilities purchased assets, including the completion of Good Receipts Form, POs, PRs etc. according to Finance and Facilities procedure.
- Responsible for purchasing materials and maintaining up-to-date storage and stock record.
- Assist Coordinator in supervising all external service providers under the Facilities division in collaboration with their relevant supervisors.
- Responsible for obtaining quotations for materials and minor engineering works as requested.
- Responsible for ensuring all facilities and paperwork and requests are administered and approved before reaching concerned departments.
About AU: Programs at AU lead to diploma and bachelor’s degrees in a number of engineering, aviation, business and maritime disciplines. The language of instruction is English. AU programs are delivered in cooperation with internationally recognized universities and are accredited both locally and internationally.
AU has a partnership with the City of Glasgow College for it’s maritime programs additionally, AU has a partnerships with Central Queensland University (CQU) Australia, and the American Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The engineering programs are accredited by Engineers Australia whereas our Aviation programs are accredited by the DGCA, EASA and the GCAA as Aviation regulators. Furthermore, our English Language Department is accredited by EAQUALS for its commitment to excellence in English language education. AU is also an ISO 9001:2015 certified organization and is a member of the Association of Arab Universities (AArU). More information about AU can be obtained from the webpage: https://www.au.edu.kw/
Selection Criteria, Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
- Background in Civil or Mechanical field.
- Minimum 2-3 year experience in relevant field.
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills.