RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Restores and promotes patient’s health by completing the nursing process.
• Collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team members.
• Provides physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families.
• Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with patients and their families.
• Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
• Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and hospital or regulatory standards.
• Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; medication administration and storage procedures; and controlled substance regulations.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and participating in professional societies.
• Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information and participating in team problem-solving methods.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. III. SKILLS
• Clinical skills
• Bedside manner • Infection control • Physiological knowledge
JOB DESCRIPTION GENERAL NURSE UPDATED ON 05 JAN 2021 2 • Administering medication • Medical teamwork • Multitasking, listening, and verbal communication • Health promotion and maintenance • Flexible to work in any occupation and any location within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. IV. QUALIFICATIONS • Minimum 2 years proven experience as a registered nurse • Excellent knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures • Excellent knowledge of emergency care • In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures (sanitation, decontamination etc.) and willingness to follow them at all times • A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills • Responsible and compassionate • Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills • Patient with excellent problem-solving skills • Bachelor Degree or other Diploma from a Nursing program • Valid nursing license • Between 23 to 39 years old • Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written V.