We will only be reviewing applications of candidates who apply on Amazon’s Career site.
Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon websites and when the box arrived wondered how you got it so fast, how much it would have cost Amazon, and what kinds of systems & processes must be running behind the scenes to power the whole operation? If so, you can come and help optimizing our growing Vendor Flex Network.
Amazon seeks a passionate, results-oriented, data and analytic engineer to join our European Vendor Flex Team in Luxembourg. You will be responsible to optimize our complex and remote fulfilment network that we host at our Vendor. Your goal will be to deliver a high bar customer experience out of Vendor Flex nodes.
Successful candidates will have the attitude of a data detective combined with strong analysis skills and problem-solving mind-set. This highly visible role requires collaborating with software development, retail, fulfilment operations and transportation teams. You must have the experience and capability to create and present documentation for senior executives. Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to prioritize well are essential skills.
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find and buy anything online. With your help, Amazon will continue to expand its operations and implement innovation. Our motto: have fun, work hard, make history. This is your chance to do all three.
Key job responsibilities
• Identify the biggest opportunities to optimize Operational costs, Delivery Speed while taking in account sustainability constraints.
• Lead complex analysis; develop models and reports to drive key strategic decisions.
• Engage with all other Operational, Business and Tech groups (Supply Chain, Delivery Performance, Transportation, and Fulfilment Centres) to implement strategic initiatives.
• Integrate the Network into the latest Sustainability Vision and Tools deployed in Amazon Europe
• Identify opportunities to deliver step-changes in supply chain performance through configuration, parameter adjustment, data backfill
• Reports into Leadership Business Review current delivery experience and Improvement Road-map Status
About the team
The team is a very multidisciplinary team mixing Programmer, Process Engineers, Business/Data Analyst and Field Operations Managers. A small core corporate team leads the strategy of the program and support optimization for the operations across more than 200 locations.
• At least 5 years of professional experience in business/Quantitative analytics
• Degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, or other quantitative areas such as computer science or physics. Master’s level degree or higher preferred.
• Deep knowledge of SQ and data-driven decision-making skills.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including strong working knowledge of Excel and VBA.
• Experience in statistical modelling using R, Python or similar tools and optimization using XPress, Cplex or similar tools
• Experience in manipulating large datasets (100M+ rows) using Spark or similar tools .
• Practical experience in several of the following areas: Stochastic Optimization, Robust Optimization, Black Box Optimization, Machine Learning, Dynamic Programming.
• Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.