National_Commercial Department Manager
Commercial Department Managers are responsible for managing a department/s and the team. Ensures merchandising, stock availability, profit protection, sales, BTF and general day-to-day management of department. Ensure excellent customer service for the Department and within the store. Training and Development of the staff, be a role model for customer service, sales assistants, and develop contact with customers.
- Daily coaching of colleagues to maximise impact at department level and developing all employees to deliver world class service.
- Responsible for protecting the Customer Journey whilst duty managing, prioritising and co-ordinating the store objectives to maximise the customer experience
- Reacts to all customer feedback and following up actions within the department on a daily basis
- Delivers friendly, knowledgeable and efficient service within the department including sight lines, sizing and one to one customer interaction
- Delivers friendly, knowledgeable and efficient service within the department.
- Ensure store opening and closing procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure Store cover is planned and implemented properly.
- Conduct daily floor walks generating positive sale driving actions and coach colleagues around conversion, basket drivers and profit optimisation
- Cash line procedures are adhered to and controls are implemented (employee purchases, returns, damages, etc).
- Safety procedures need to be implemented in line with company policy.
- Newcomers and staff are properly inducted and trained.
- Manage department colleague’s appraisals and reviews, performance Management and handle all relevant HR issues in a timely manner in accordance with company policies and procedures ·
Minimum Experience: Minimum 3 years’ Senior sales associate
Job-Specific Skills: Good verbal & written communication skills, Good MS excel and word skills, Some heavy lifiting,
- The ability to lead and motivate a team
- Excellent communication and ‘people’ skills
- A strong commitment to customer service
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm
- Decision-making ability and a sense of responsibility