Job Description :
• Support the Performance and Capacity Team for SQL DBMS performance metrics as well as capacity planning and future business volumes
• Possess a full understanding and knowledge of DBA activities including database, tables, indexes as well as configuration and management of instances. Furthermore, have a good understanding of tools and utilities to manage, maintain, backup and recover the DBMS environments.
• Very good understanding of Windows clustering and the task scheduler on a Windows server
• Managing maintaining and monitoring database configuration and parameter settings
• Maintaining, Managing & Enhancing DB Queries, Stored Procedures and SSIS
• Providing support to other teams regarding security, OS patching and h/w infrastructure changes
• Specialist hands on experience of MS SQL DBMS
• Expert hands-on knowledge of replication technologies
• Hands-on experience in Disaster/recovery as well as working in a High Availability environment with aggressive SLAs
• Good understanding of Windows Server 2016
• Good understanding of IBM TSM, Symantec/Veritas backup configurations• Good understanding of data Encryption, auditing tools and security protocols
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Honest, hardworking, loyal, patient, diligent, knowledge sharing and essential team player. Adaptable, approachable, reliable, helpful and trustworthy.
• Able to work in a pressured demanding environment especially when there are high severity incidents to resolve.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office tools including Visio, Powerpoint, Excel and Email
• Expert in performing day to day DBA functions for large database installations
• Ability to install new versions and maintain existing versions by applying patches and fix packs without causing any impact to the hosted business
• Proven ability to plan, test, configure and maintain High Availability (FCI and Always-On), managing and monitoring DBMS High Availability (Always ON and FCI) and keeping up to date with new and improved DBMS technologies and features
• Have a very good understanding of Replication technologies between other DBMS environments such as Q-Replication, SQL Replication with DB2 and CDC
• Expert and proven knowledge of using SQL and tooling to identify and resolve performance degradation issues and analyse and tune complex SQL queries
• Very good hands on experience of HA and CA environments as well as Business Continuity solutions for supporting environments with large and business critical databases including Availability Management solutions (Backup, Restore and Replication and REBUILD and TRANSPORT tools)
• Knowledge of Storage and Backup h/w and s/w and Networking protocols