Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa’s Mobile Enablement Platform team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone’s digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants and developers.
The role is a self-organized Sr Mobile Test Automation Engineer with hands on mobile Test Automation development and Manual testing experience.
In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented Rest engineering developer who can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem-solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Bangalore, India.
The Mobile Test-Automation Engineer position will be responsible for building/enhancing test automation frameworks, writing automation scripts from inception and testing primarily on Mobile (iOS and Android) including and manually testing the features.
In this role, you will work closely with software engineers, UX designers and product owners and will drive our testing and test automation strategy using industry best practices.
Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of software engineers and product owners.
Should have demonstrated passion for high-quality software, enjoy collaborating with other teams, and are good problem solvers.
- Own the Manual testing, Test Automation and QA tools development for Mobile Applications
- Primarily responsible for the testing and validation of all the mobile feature (and other software applications)
- Responsible for the quality of the Mobile app releases
- Possesses deep knowledge on Functional, Integration, System, End to End functional regression, Client/End-user, performance and load testing, process and methodologies.
- Has the ability to develop Test strategy, Test plans, Testing approaches and lead testing activities.
- Ability to work across teams to set up the testing environments for different testing methodologies
- Ensure comprehensive and automated test plans are in place for successful delivery of new/enhanced mobile product features
- Develop high-quality automation test engineering best practices, test strategy, and principles
- Development and execute automation script / manually test features during Mobile release and post dev sprints, detecting issues and reporting detailed bugs
- Analyze complex software systems and collaborate with others to improve the overall design, testability, and quality of our Mobile (and/or server platforms)
- Enhance and/or designs and develop test automation frameworks into a continuous integration and execution model
- Establishes a set of test suites (unit, smoke, integration, regression, performance/load, security) for multiple applications that can run in a CI/CD environment, across various Mobile devices and test environments
- Work with the product team/ Dev leads to understand how new features should be tested, and then engage them in contributing automated tests
- Work with the development team to define and implement mechanisms to inject testing earlier into the software development process
- Coordinate with scrum team in overseeing bug tracking, test prioritization, test automation, and release
- Define and track quality metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts,
- Creating reports showing automation v/s manual test cases status
- Tracking and communicating release/project testing and automation testing results in a timely and effective manner
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• Bachelors/ Masters degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in Manual testing and Automation.
• In-depth understanding of IOS and Android testing/ Automation frameworks like Selenium/Appium.
• Solid knowledge and experience on Manual Testing and other Testing Techniques apart from Automation
• Solid expertise in design and execution of the Test cases and test scenarios
• Demonstrated problem solving, analytic and troubleshooting skills.
• SCRUM/Agile Development, Continuous Integration using Jenkins experience
• Excellent communication and reporting skills.
• Ability to deliver quality documentation.
• Excellent organizational skills to focus on the tasks at hand.
• A positive and enthusiastic outlook both within the team and when working alone.
• Be highly motivated and demonstrate the willingness to learn and to grow within the role.
• Passion for high quality software engineering
Good to have:
• Experience testing and automating Web, client-side APIs and batch processing applications.
• Be at their best when they are collaborating with a high performing team.
• Be inquisitive in nature and innovative in their approach.
• Be an advocate for quality, influencing the team to build quality into the release pipeline
• Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results.
• Have proven experience in testing with a creative edge, showcasing strong problem-solving skills.
• Have demonstrable experience in leading testing effort on large-scale software projects.
• Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.