- Manage and finalize all biding proposals (technical & price), and finalize all contracts’ negotiations. Finalize and review all technical requirements of clients’ tenders
- Review and analyze the technical requirements of client’s tenders and examine the commercial aspects of the requirements with Management.
- Manage Bids/Proposals. which includes, but is not limited to:
- Full and detailed study & review for the Tender documents
- Furnish and closely monitor the bidding schedule till the bid submission
- Set the strategy for soliciting the prices (local). This could extend to the possible signature of pre-bid exclusivity agreements with selected vendors
- In association with the Cost Control / Supply chain Departments conduct comparisons between the new bids and the ongoing/past projects in all aspects of the bids to benefit from these projects
- Review the vendor lists with the procurement Manager
- Set the strategy for pricing with regard to staff & labor availability, housing, partnership(s), logistics, etc.
- Prepare the all-inclusive rates for the labor to be used by the team throughout the bid I coordination with the HR Department
- Investigate several scenarios to decrease the currency risk by comparing the utilization of local materials/sub-contractors versus imported ones
- Provide preconstruction services to existing, new and prospective business partners.
- Prepare quantity surveys and cost analysis
- Create schematic design, design development and construction document budgets
- Review, explain, and/or present estimate summaries to owners and designers
- Manage all Tender proposals.
- Ensures compliance with Tender documents.
- Reviews and ensures pricing effort is thorough, complete, and accurate.
- Reviews and ensures technical data is complete.
- Assessment for project engineering / value engineering.
- Analyzes and ensures accuracy of schedule with planning department.
- Reviews Financial & Technical proposal package before submittal.
- Submits proposal to management for review.
- Drives effort for update of supplier database.
- Attends tender meetings with clients/consultants.
- Prepares all Tender Project Documentation for submission to Construction team.
- Manages Limited Technical Office support for sites (if necessary):
- QS & Shop drawing support and coordination.
- Material submittal support and coordination.
- Planning support and coordination.
- Technical data support and coordination.
- Pricing support and coordination.
- Contract support and coordination
- Coordination and preparation of technical and commercial tender Good knowledge of estimation process, tendering and
- interpretation of drawings, specifications, floating enquiries, evaluation of quotations and pre- & post tender activities
- Good knowledge of local requirements and standards
- Good knowledge of the local market,
- Ability to analyze quotations commercial and technical, prepare detailed cost comparison and conduct meetings and negotiations with suppliers and subcontractor
- Ability to lead a team under pressure with fixed deadlines, stress resistant, excellent presentation & communication skills.
- Development of master budgets and cost models
- . Provides conceptual estimates of projects or project components
- Develops and maintains cost databases.
- Reviews and comments on estimates provided by others
- Provides independent estimates of change orders. .
- Presentation skills
- Research and Report writing skills
- . Ability to solve problems and decision-making
- PC literate with PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills and other estimating software
- Dynamic and Creative
- . The ability to affect positively leadership and seriousness and honesty at work is a key
- The ability for team working create channels of communication with all departments
- Propose courses for subordinates and prepare them to take leadership positions
Communication, influencing and negotiating skills
Ø Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferable)
Ø At least 10 years working experience from which at least 5 years in the UAE (preferable Abu Dhabi) and as well 5 years in a similar position.
Ø Good knowledge in MS office, AutoCAD and preferable in any estimation software; Primavera skills of advantage
Ø Relevant work experience with Agricultural projects in either a construction management role, cost estimating role or design engineering capacity.
Experience with design documents, construction cost, constructability, and schedule implications of design choices.