As the official representation of Switzerland accredited in both the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and the Republic of Iraq, the Embassy covers all matters concerning diplomatic relations between the two countries. It represents Swiss interests in the areas of political, economic and financial affairs, humanitarian aid, development cooperation, legal arrangements, science, education and culture.
Media Analyst – 100 %
The Embassy of Switzerland in Jordan is looking for a Media Analyst to reinforce its Defence Attaché office, with a focus on media analysis and reporting. The Media Analyst will be reporting to the Defence Attaché, who is accredited to Jordan, Lebanon, and Cyprus.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Media Analyst is working as a local employee of the Embassy team under the overall guidance of the Defence Attaché. The list of tasks includes the following:
- Draft geopolitical and security reports in regards to the region. Researches / Analyses through open sources (OSINT), different news platforms, and YouTube political analysis.
- Prepare security & geopolitical daily review. It is a daily report that highlights the military and security updates in Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon and Cyprus.
- Networking with media owners. Monitor a set of local and international print, broadcast, and social media sources, selects and assesses information according to both set and dynamic criteria.
- Give daily briefing about security and geopolitical review of the region to the Defence Attaché.
- Prepare weekly reports covering the military updates.
- Prepare and support presentations/briefings. The presentation covers the major security and military-related events in the region.
- Translate different articles or documents whenever required by the Defense Attaché.
- Manage the Defence Attache archive electronically & hardcopy documents.
- All employees are expected to fulfil tasks not included in their TOR or task list if deemed necessary by the Supervisor or the Head of Mission.
- Diverse, creative and stimulating work environment
- Competitive salary and social benefits. Depending on academic degree and professional experience
- Further training opportunities
Place of work: Amman, Embassy of Switzerland in Jordan
Beginning / Duration: July 2022 or upon agreement, one-year renewable local contract
Profile & Requirements
- Hold a Bachelor/Master degree in International Relations or a relevant subject.
- Have at least five years of relevant professional experience in media, international affairs, military, and political science in a multinational environment.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly process and organize large amounts of information and identify and assess items of greatest importance.
- Proven skill in and experience with professional writing and analysis, strong attention to detail.
- Have excellent organizational, administrative, and IT skills.
- Have oral and written fluency in English and Arabic. Knowledge of Arabic and/or one or several official languages of Switzerland (German, French, Italian) is an asset;
- Have experience in translating to and from English.
- Have a very good knowledge of national and international affairs.
- Knowledge and experience in Safety and security management.
- Strong research skills
- Analytical skills
*all applicants should include a motivation letter