- Reads and interprets materials, such as work orders, inspection manuals, and blueprints, to determine inspection and test procedures.
- Analyzes and interprets sample data.
- Installs and positions new or replacement parts, components, and instruments.
- Estimates and records operational data.
- Completes necessary procedures to satisfy licensing requirements, and indicates concurrence with acceptance or rejection decisions.
- Confers with vendors and others regarding inspection results, recommends corrective procedures, and compiles reports of results, recommendations, and needed repairs.
- Cleans and maintains test equipment and instruments to ensure proper functioning.
- Tests and measures finished products, components, or assemblies for functioning, operation, accuracy, or assembly to verify adherence to functional specifications.
- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Controlling operations of equipment or systems.