- Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out safely and securely; for both employees and contractors and in line with company policies and procedures, and current health and safety legislation.
- Responsible for HVAC A/C and heating systems, troubleshoot faults with AC, ventilation, exhaust and fire alarm systems
- Be proactive, with regard to maintaining site machinery, recommend on-going improvements for efficiency and effectiveness;
- Designing maintenance strategies, planned preventative maintenance schedules, procedures and methods;
- Advise management of any safety issues that need action and ensure that anything requiring urgent action is dealt with immediately;
- Ensure you are familiar with all existing equipment on site, where necessary make your superioraware of any shortfall in knowledge and suggest a way to overcome this;
- Seeking new initiatives to drive maintenance issues to a minimum;
- Carrying out routine maintenance work as per the schedule and respond to equipment faults/breakdowns as they occur;
- Install and commission equipment and machinery electrically, pneumatically and mechanically;
- Carrying out inspections on equipment and machinery and ensure they are fit for purpose, and meets all safety requirements;
- Carrying out other property / facilities / maintenance duties as required; including: monitoring, setting and maintenance of the heating, ventilation, exhaust systems;
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs and seeking the relevant purchase authorisation;
- Ensure contractors are given a site induction and paperwork is completed fully and accurately and the work is checked before signing off and/or agreeing pending actions;
- Liaising with department managers and production operatives to ascertain relevant information about machinery and to provide timely and informative updates to the department managers;
- Ensure tasks set for yourself are completed in the agreed timeframes, ensuring feedback and communication is delivered promptly;
- Must have 3-5 years of experience
- Must have an experience in AC, ventilation, exhaust, plumbing and fire alarm systems
- Ability to design electronic circuits and components for use on and around our systems.
- Ability to read and interpret engineered drawings and specifications.
- Ability to travel when requested to support other department in troubleshooting, testing, installation, upgrading or repair of equipment.
- Should have work visa with transferrable RP