Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental organization working in more than 40 countries in the fields of nutrition, food security and livelihoods, water sanitation and hygiene, and care practices. ACF is looking for its program in Jordan for MEAL Officer
Work place: Azraq –Irbid with 50% travel to field sites
Position Overview: The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer will contribute to ensuring that quality and accountability standards are integrated into Action Against Hunger’s programmes in Jordan. The MEAL Officer will have a key role in supporting the establishment and promoting the use of MEAL systems, to ensure that our programme staff and strategies are effective and respond to the needs identified by the programme.
1) Facilitate the collecting of data on the impacts of the projects
- Assist the Senior MEAL Officer in the development of a suitable MEAL framework/plan that guides all MEAL work in the programme, in line with the LFA;
- Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures under the technical support of the Senior MEAL Officer, to ensure relevant and reliable information and data collection;
- Collect qualitative programme progress data on outputs and outcomes indicators as identified in the programme agreements and in consistence to the country MEAL system;
- Support Project Managers in reviewing the performance of existing programme data management tools in order to identify area of improving and modification of resources;
- Support coordination of needs assessments in coordination with relevant partners;
- Support planning, implementation and follow-up of project’s evaluations;
- Provide training on M&E/data collection to staff as required;
- Assist Senior MEAL Officer on providing quality assurance on the data collected by project and MEAL teams.
2) Data Management
- Assist MEAL Manager/Senior MEAL Officer on developing or converting of qualitative and quantitative data collection tools on XLS and KoBo toolbox.
- Enter data into the specialized software using consistent formatting;
- Check data entered, detect missing, redundant data in order to be clean/processed;
- Check the quality of data to be entered and report any problems encountered;
- Identify strengths and weakness of collected data and propose solutions and improvements along with the Senior MEAL Officer;
- Assist the MEAL Manager with database quality control and report any technical problems;
- Assist with archiving and ensuring that all means of verification documents for the outputs are uploaded regularly and inform the Senior MEAL Officer if encountered any problems.
3) Provide sufficient and reliable information to guide programme development
- Provide relevant, accurate and timely information to the MEAL Senior Officer and relevant program teams to support programme implementation;
- Provide inputs to the MEAL Senior Officer on how to improve the MEAL system in the project;
- Conduct simple data analysis and present and disseminate information to inform programme management general feedback about the impact and learning findings.
4) Quality assurance
- Assist the Senior MEAL Officer in running periodic spot checks on the activities within the programme area;
- Support MEAL manager and Senior MEAL officer on conducting monitoring and validation field visits to ongoing activities.
- Support in implementing feedback and complaint mechanism when conducting MEAL exercises;
- Report on the feedback and complaint mechanism to the FCM & Referral assistant for follow up
5) Fulfil general responsibilities and contribute to broader Action Against Hunger Jordan operational quality and consistency
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive information at all times
- Perform other job-related tasks as requested by the supervisor Commit to and comply with the organization’s gender, age, and diversity principles and policies (working with people, communication)
- Lead on the promotion of gender, age and diversity principles through daily activities and / or through the management of teams, as well as through the planning and implementation of operations and strategies (managing performance and development)
- Undertake any other tasks as required from the Senior MEAL Officer
- Good computer and communication equipment skills; experience taking creative approaches to working with digital data collection (ODK/KoBo) required.
- Excellent intercultural, interpersonal, organisational, prioritising, and communication skills.
- High capacity of work, able to overcome stress and work under pressure with respect for deadlines, with high degree of flexibility.
- Autonomous, reliable, organised, and self-motivated.
- Diplomatic, professional and transparent.
- Ability to train and deliver technical support.
- Demonstrable commitment to gender equity.
- Solution-oriented working style.
- Firm understanding of ‘Do No Harm’ approach.
- Demonstrate understanding, willingness, and capacities to commit to, comply with, implement, and promote age, gender, and diversity principles and policies.
Bachelor university degree within the field of data management, business administration, economics, Social studies or any other related qualifications.
Type of professional experience requested:
- At least 3years of experience in humanitarian and INGOs/NGOs, with at least 2 years of field experience in MEAL.
- Previous experience in data and information management and reporting is required.
- Experience working on the Syrian crisis or in the Middle East is preferable but not mandatory.
- Very good writing and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of organization’s sectors of intervention would be an asset (FSL, WaSH, MHPSS).
- Experience developing and rolling out integrated multi-sectoral, multi-area databases required.
- Experience working with data analysis software and platforms, including for dashboard development.
Arabic (native) required / English (Excellent) required.
Action Against Hunger is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Action Against Hunger has zero-tolerance for bribery, corruption or abuse of power in any form.
Please note that any application submitted through the abuse report address will not be considered.
How to apply:
- Deadline for receiving applications: 05/11/2022
- Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and if the ideal candidate is identified before the closing date, Action Against Hunger reserves the right to close the recruitment before the application deadline.
- Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
- Local recruitment is highly encouraged
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted