The Maximo Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Functional Specialist is responsible to administer, configure, support and perform ongoing enhancements to Maximo Operations & Maintenance system. In addition, he will be working closely with other technology teams troubleshooting customer issues through implementing technical solutions and configuration. The role also involves working with multiple stakeholder’s users, 3rd parties to ensure accurate documentation and implementation of functionalities.
Scope of Work
- IBM Maximo Functional Specialist will have responsibilities for application support, BIRT reports, testing, and minor configuration changes.
- Responsible for assessing and communicating impacts and risks of changes which occur through the system development life cycle.
- The Maximo Functional Specialist will be responsible for troubleshooting IBM Maximo Application, IBM HTTP Server, and general MAXIMO interface issues.
- Provide technical support, administration, and development for the Maximo System, Database and related applications.
- Identify and solve issues, troubleshoot bugs, and proactively communicate with users and other IT staff about the condition of the system.
- Deliver implemented technical solutions involving the Maximo system and other technologies as necessary to meet the strategic goals of the Facilities Management. • Coordinate with system users, consultants, and various departments to ensure the effective delivery of the Maximo application and other related technologies to the user community.
- Installing, configuring, administering, and supporting Maximo 7.x in a team environment • Provide Maximo application support to end users.
- Develop workflow processes for Maximo, including creating roles, actions and action groups for use in the entire workflow process.
- Create Clustered Application environments utilize IBM WebSphere.
- Administer Actuate iServer and BIRT.
- Develop Actuate and BIRT Reports
- Load data into Maximo using Maximo Data Loader (MDL), Generic Data Loader (GDL), and Data Migration by scripting (SQL, PL/SQL) Load data into Maximo using Maximo Data Loader (MDL), Generic Data Loader (GDL), and Data Migration by scripting (SQL, PL/SQL) • Administer Maximo 7.6 Cognos Integration
- Able to assist client in coordinating PMR resolution with IBM.
- Develop technical documentation.
- perform other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee’s knowledge, skills and abilities in the field of his/her position” and this is included to discourage possible arguments when an employee may consider an issue to “not be in his/her responsibility.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Able to maintain & manage communication links with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to act independently to make timely and informed decisions aligned to the role’s remit or to escalate as appropriate to management.
- Ability to review configuration and provide documentation of how the system works. • Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong technical/process documentation skills
- Strong team and communication skills.
- Strong customer facing skills and ability to drive troubleshooting with multiple vendors and internal teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Proficiency with Windows environments
- Ability to independently handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Effective communication (oral and written) and organizational skills. • Proven analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to think logically.
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field.
- IBM Maximo certification desired (7.x).
- Minimum of seven (7) to eight (8) years of experience which at least three (3) years in the operation and maintenance field.
- Strong Experience with Installation, Configuration and Administration for Maximo7.x • Experience developing workflow processes for Maximo, including creating roles, actions and action groups for use in the entire workflow process.
- Experience in Clustered Application environments and IBM WebSphere • Experience with Actuate iServer, Actuate Reports and BIRT administrations • Experience with Maximo Data Loader (MDL), Generic Data Loader (GDL), and Data Migration by scripting (SQL, PL/SQL)
- Experience using the Integration application (MIF) to import data including configuring Object structures, publish channels, enterprise services, end points, and external systems. • Administer Maximo 7.x Cognos Integration
- Microsoft MS SQL and IBM DB2 Experience
- Take direction from the Project Managers and team leaders.
- Follow through and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- At least 5 years installing, configuring, and implementing Maximo system.