- Preparing weekly copper and/or cobalt market summary reports to be internally circulated as part of the ‘Market Review’ publication
- Assisting in presenting market updates to senior management at Marketing Committees, as well as at other internal meetings as necessary.
- Assisting in preparing internal price forecasts of copper prices, copper cathode premiums, copper blister RCs, copper concentrate TC/RCs, cobalt metal prices, cobalt hydroxide payables. These forecasts are updated monthly, subsequently reviewed by the Marketing Committee and circulated to relevant departments for planning purposes.
- Developing and regularly updating fundamental market analysis models of the copper and cobalt markets, with a focus on demand. Special attention to be given to modelling demand from China, the renewable energy sectors, and from electric vehicles and battery demand
- Responding to ad-hoc research and analysis requests from senior management. These can come in a variety of forms.
- Supporting sales, strategy, risk, hedging, M&A, finance and PR departments through regular deliverables and assistance with ad-hoc requests
- Developing a network of industry contacts intended to gather robust market intelligence.
- Attending conferences and other industry events to gather information, network and represent the group