We are looking for suitable candidates for the position Manager- Marine & Aviation Underwriting. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing the Marine & Aviation Underwriting processes at the organization including preparing General insurance policy/ quotations, following up on insurance renewal, updating clients’ information on the system, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Set Marine & Aviation underwriting policies & procedures and the criteria of assessing risks associated with each Marine & Aviation insurance services.
- Ensure the implementation of Marine & Aviation Policies & procedures at the branches and are in compliance with the overall Operations guidelines set so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled and delivered in a consistent manner.
- Oversee the development of prices for Marine & Aviation insurance products to ensure that products’ prices are competitive and are within the spending range of the organization’s target customers.
- Manage & approve the Department’s activities with regards to Marine & Aviation underwriting, renewal & cancellation to ensure the high profitability of Marine & Aviation insurance.
- Manage and monitor selling insurance policies through the underwriting department in coordination with the Sales & Marketing department.
- Ensure that TPA is updated with new or any modification (changes, additions, deletions) on the medical insurance policies and procedures related to underwriting in addition to updated list of providers.
- Contribute to risks assessment in risky and odd cases and take appropriate decision.
- Propose risk mitigation or avoidance measures to enable the company to proceed with acceptable level of risk.
- Participate in development insurance products with the product development Department as well as pricing the newly developed products.
- Review customers’ feedback and find solutions for their problem if possible.
- Coordinate with branches to provide recommendations to enhance underwriting activities.
- Monitor performance and training needs of subordinates in order to maximize their performance to achieve functional objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance, Business Administration or any related field preferred.
- Professional insurance / underwriting certification is a plus.