- Please be note, this Job is Based in Kurdistan, Duhok
The Manager/Director of Human Resources is responsible for providing strategic and administrative leadership and oversight of the human resource functions for the University.
- Direct the effective management of all employee contracts, compensation/salary administration functions, personnel and leave records, staff performance evaluations, benefits administration, and hiring processes.
- Consult and advise administrators on a wide variety of sensitive personnel issues (e.g. discipline, hiring, promotions, return to work, etc.) for the purpose of assisting in effective decision making and enforcing all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and regulations.
- Ensure compliance of personnel policies, procedures and programs with applicable regional and federal statutes, regulations and policies.
- Maintain confidential, ethical, respectful, and open communication with employees that is inclusive of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
- Consistently review, assess and revise HR practices, policies and procedures to uphold equitable standards.
- Analyze employee data, prepare reports and provide recommendations to inform/ impact university processes, policies and procedures.
- Lead and develop a plan to ensure the University maintains a safe, inclusive and equitable working environment for all employees.
- Assist in the implementation of policies/procedures in line with accreditation requirements/expectations as determined by the President and University Cabinet.
- Organize and oversee a robust employee orientation program to welcome and inform new faculty and staff.
- Investigate employee complaints and interpret university rules/regulations regarding Human Resource matters; acts as mediator for employees and supervisors on department concerns.
- Assist in coordination with legal counsel to minimize liability and costs for the University; provide background information, documentation, and testimony as required in litigated matters.
- Assist in the ongoing development of systems and technology to support Human Resources administration including the processing of personnel transactions and the maintenance of personnel records and files.
- Identify and assess opportunities for innovation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the University.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, public administration, business administration or a related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience of HR operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public Human Resources administration, including equal employment opportunity; methods of recruitment; selection; staff evaluation; classification and compensation; benefits; staff utilization; training; labor relations; record keeping and information systems.
- Evidence of experience in implementing methods and techniques of conflict resolution, strategic planning, organizational development, and supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in promoting and advancing the institutional mission, vision and values; an atmosphere of inclusiveness and collegiality; a workplace culture of equity, respect, advocacy and engagement
- Current knowledge and proven ability to implement various interpretations and applications of regional and federal employment laws
- Proven record of timely follow through on deadlines and deliverables; detail-oriented; highly organized; commitment to achievement of agreed-upon targets