The purpose the Make Up Artist role is to prepare performers’ make up to suit production requirement and to oversee make up continuity during shoots,
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to work within the hair & make-up room to ready presenters and guests for their on-air broadcast.
- Need to work as stand by in the studio and on set to redo and touch-up make-up to maintain an air of continuality in both look and vision.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of available make-up and beauty products whilst also keeping work areas and equipment clean and tidy.
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken to minimise unpleasant side effects from the use of specialist make-up.
- To take direction from the Creative Manager and Senior hair & make-up artists.
- Maintain awareness of health and safety issues and legislation.
- Must demonstrate and implement a practical understanding of lighting, the photographic process, colours and the impact of special effects/make-up processes on the skin.
- Ensure continuity in make-up whilst also liaising with the Creative department to ensure the overall on-air look/effect is consistent and coherent
- Follow and implement the channels on-air style guide, look and direction agreed upon by management.
- Responsible to perform under pressure in a Live news environment
- Must have a genuine interest and knowledge of television make-up and be up-to date with new make-up techniques, materials and products.
- Good communication and people skills
- A tactful manner
- Stamina, patience and concentration
- The ability to work well under pressure in Live news environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good punctuality and reliability
- A willingness to work long hours when necessary
- Excellent teamwork skills
- A good understanding of studio lighting & on-air high-definition broadcast quality.
- Excellent familiarity with make-up products & techniques
Education and Qualifications:
- More than 2 years’ experience in relevant field
- A make-up artist is expected to have a Level 2 qualification in media make-up or an equivalent qualification/ experience.