II. Main Responsibility/ Accountabilities
- The function of the Electrical Maintenance Engineer is to provide front line maintenance leadership and maintenance related technical support for the Power Block facility and act as the primary contact for Electrical maintenance related issues.
- Work closely with the Senior Maintenance Engineer Technical support groups, Plant Management, facility maintenance team and contractors, with a focus on improving equipment integrity and plant reliability at the lowest balanced cost to JIGPC, consistent with the facility’s asset management plan.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Section Head and Planner, to help ensure planning and execution of the planned and un-planned (emergency) plant shutdowns are driven safely, efficiently, within budget and on schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring the day-to-day maintenance of the facility is completed according to the appropriate JIGPC systems and procedures, to improve the facility reliability, whilst ensuring the compliance with the JIGPC maintenance program and the plant maintenance budget.
- Responsible for the site-based maintenance personnel, including joint responsibility for their personal development and mentoring, as well as effective utilization of their skills and workmanship.
- Follow JIGPC safety rules and regulations.
- Ensure all maintenance work is carried out according to JIGPC safety procedures, ensuring critical metrics are met or exceeded.
- Actively promote and drive safety excellence for contractors and JIGPC staff, through active participation and compliance with JIGP’s safety procedures.
- Ensure accurate isolations are carried out before starting the maintenance activity on the respective equipment released for maintenance in coordination with maintenance supervisor and driving technicians and local operator.
- Offer front line leadership to contractors and the maintenance team in all situations, pulling together and coordinating the appropriate resources to take care of all maintenance related issues.
- Give directions to and ensure the efficiency and capability of any maintenance work force in the area of responsibility.
- Initiate and drive improvement projects. Lead the continuing effort to raise standards for plant maintenance.
- Ensure that effective predictive and integrity-based maintenance programs are followed that are consistent with regional programs, reducing unplanned shutdowns and ultimately improving overall plant profitability and reliability.
- Make timely and correct decisions based on fact and sound judgement, in order to keep plant downtime to a minimum, in both planned and un-planned situations.
- Trouble-shoot and diagnose problems and perform maintenance on equipment under his jurisdiction.
- Locate and develop local resources (contractors, vendors, etc.) for improved plant support.
- Liaise daily with Production and maintenance staff, to ensure that potential issues are identified, and plans created to rectify the issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Ensure the PM system is appropriate for the equipment and periodically evaluate the program’s effectiveness and modify accordingly to ensure that optimum reliability/cost benefits are maintained.
- Put systems in place to ensure the maintenance is carried out in accordance with the PM system requirements, ensuring that PM compliance critical metrics are met.
- Work with the Maintenance Manager and Planners to actively develop and take ownership for short- and long-range planning and execution of crucial programs, shutdowns, and equipment maintenance schedules.
- To performs preventive maintenance of plant equipment’s, repair, lubrication and cleaning of machines and tools, mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems as per the direction of Maintenance Supervisor
- Perform all the maintenance activities in the plant in a timely and safe manner with strict alignment to the maintenance procedures and work instructions applicable for the respective activities. Document maintenance concerns/history for the equipment.
- Installs, adjusts, inspects, services, and repairs a variety of static and rotating Electrical equipment applied in power plants.
- Responsible and accountable for proper care of tools, lifting equipment or any other related devices which are required to carry out his assigned jobs.
- Carry out all vital preparation required for Electrical maintenance to equipment of assigned area.
- To performs routine, corrective maintenance of plant equipment’s, repair, lubrication and cleaning of machines and tools, mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems as per the direction of Maintenance Supervisor
- To report spare parts and consumables in area of responsibility and update spares availability to cope up with the maintenance requirements.
- Understand solid understanding of equipment operation and associated operating systems.
- Perform housekeeping in his area of work.
- Have systems in place such that un-planned (emergency) breakdown situations are taken care of in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner in order to get the equipment operational with the minimal disruption to plant on-streams.
- Ensure appropriate resources are involved in decision making (technical, production, & commercial)
- All equipment at the Power Block Cogen I & II
- Geographical Scope: Power Block
- Budget Impact: Approx. $78MM in FY 2024
- Practical experience and know-how of Electrical engineering
- Knowledge of downtime analysis and practical knowledge of problem-solving tools
- Knowledge of maintenance management methods, of predictive inspection tools and of CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System, good knowledge of SAP Template desirable)
- Detailed understanding of preventative/predictive maintenance methods
- Knowledge of the operations in combined cycle power plants, Siemens Gas and Steam turbine experiences are an added advantage.
- Understand, practice, and implement safe work practices related to the following: respiratory protection, extreme work platforms, fall protection, control of hazardous energy (Lockout/Tag-out procedure), fire protection systems, electrical safety, forklift/hoist operation, welding, cutting, brazing, confined space entry, PPE etc.
- Solid understanding with CMMS maintenance tools (SAP/Maximo etc.)
V. Qualifications & Experience
- Postgraduate / Graduation in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of Electrical Maintenance experience in Power plants/ IGCC/CCPP Plants
- Hands on experience with Generator and HT Motors protection systems and protection relays
- Maintenance experience with Generators Scheduled Maintenance activities.
- Solid Understanding of the Maintenance work process.
- Knowledge of Maintenance software – preferably SAP.
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter with a proven work history and excellent references along with the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced in Refining, Chemical, Petro Chemical equipment and specifications.