To coordinate and expedite the flow of materials within NOMAC and from suppliers ensuring complete documentation and transportation up to place of delivery, in a timely , efficient and cost optimized manner leading to internal customer satisfaction.
Expediting and Logistics Planning
- Follow up with the suppliers for the timely delivery of the materials and provide feedback to the buyers in case of any expected delays to enable prompt corrective actions.
- Based on the information provided by the Purchasing function, prepare schedules and coordinate with suppliers/logistics service providers to arrange for delivery of supplies or parts by making appropriate arrangements to ensure timely and accurate delivery of materials as per the planned schedules.
- Implement contingency plans, in case of delays, to ensure the operation / maintenance schedules are not disrupted due to material unavailability.
- Based on the delivery schedules, arrange and submit all relevant documentation required by the local authorities prior to arrival of the delivery to ensure adherence to the regulatory requirements as well as timely clearance
- Maintain and obtain relevant documents such as Copy of Purchase Order, Bill of entry, Shipping bill, Delivery order, Bill of lading, Airway bill (AWB), Delivery Note etc. to track and facilitate the delivery process.
- Creation of Inbound delivery in SAP.
- Manage Inventory Levels at stock locations to ensure sufficient stock to meet project requirements
- Support finance with month end stock transfers
- Post Inventory transactions on SAP System when required to do so.
- Monitor the receipt of all freight received by the plant Warehouses to facilitate tracking and safe receipt of all orders.
- Coordinate with Storekeepers to ensure that orders received are as per specifications and are in non-damaged state in order to take corrective actions or clear invoices in coordination with the finance.
- follow up with suppliers on any consequent actions such as replacement or rejection of the goods.
- Coordinate and follow up with internal customers to ensure desired logistics objectives, priorities and schedules are met and communicated to management.
- Liaise with finance to clear all financial modalities and make sure that no payments are held back that might hamper NOMAC’s image in the market and adversely impact NOMAC’s relationship with the suppliers.
- Monitor on-time and safe delivery of all goods by taking in the feedback of all concerned functions and setting up action plan to manage unforeseen challenges.
Filing and System Updating
- Update all files and systems accurately to ensure constant availability of information on systems at all times.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures
- Adhere to all relevant organizational and departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out to the required standard and in a consistent manner.
- Contribute in the identification and implementation of change/improvement initiatives, programmes and projects in line with the organisation’s standards.
Health, Safety, Security & Environment
- Adhere to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental procedures, instructions and controls so that the safety of employees and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
- Ensure that all functional reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet NOMAC’s requirements, policies and quality standards.
Qualifications & Experiences:
- A Bachelor degree holder in Business administration, Supply Chain, Materials Management, Logistics and distribution or equivalent.
- 8-10 years’ experience in the same field.
- Arabic speaking is a must
- Fundamental understanding of the SAP system
- Good knowledge on local and international transportation.
- Excellent knowledge of customs clearing process and procedures in GCC countries
- Knowledge of law/regulations and contracts
- Understanding of documentation process
- Planning and organizing skills
- Excellent Ability to develop relationships with vendors / ports / customs
- Excellent attention to detail