- Define the strategy for global distribution including where it is stored and how it is transported to meet diverse global customer needs.
- Manage contracts for warehouses and all types of freight globally.
- Owns key performance indicators of the warehouses and transport providers – safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Directs, manages and leads a team to ensure speed, dependability and efficiency in logistics operations.
- Ensures internal and external customers’ expectations and requirements are met while ensuring supply chain optimization.
- Standardize continuous improvement and best practice implementation for global processes.
- Ensures capacity is continually available across the network.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Demonstrated success in building out and standing up a global network of warehouse and transportation (all modes) providers for an aftermarket/automotive, Construction or Oil & Gas supplier preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Systems savvy – warehouse and transportation management systems & trade compliance systems expertise.
- Manage complexity – making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve global problems.
- Bachelor in applicable field, MBA preferred.
- An understanding of Customs compliance and packaging would also be beneficial.
- Experience in major global markets – North America, Europe, Asia & South America