Do you want to make an impact and help transform people’s lives?
At Bayt.Com, we are committed to empowering people to lead better lives by providing them with the tools and information to build their lifestyle of choice. We are passionate about our services and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. Not only are we devoted to our work and customers but most meaningfully to each other’s success.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Provide Level1 computer and phone support to local and remote Bayt users.
- Liaise and maintain a good relationship with vendors
- Ensure 24/7 availability of IT networks and systems and phone systems in the office
- Document and manage Hardware and Software Inventory across Bayt offices.
- Contribute to Implementing and improving technology procedures and standards.
- Provide regular operational reports to the direct manager.
- Propose cost-cutting in software and hardware usage and purchase options.
- Train and empower team members and end-users with relevant knowledge sharing.
- Organize work off-hours in order to minimize IT systems downtime in-office hours.
- Read and research new technologies and have discussions with the team and manager.
- Perform data backups and restore operations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and coordinate computer network access and use.
- Design, configure and test computer hardware, networking software, and operating system software.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made and where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
- Research, and configure the setup of Linux servers and open-source systems and services.
- Assist Bayt customers in troubleshooting network and website access issues.
- Assist development teams with routine Linux desktop and network issues.
- Setup basic opensource Database systems
- Manage open-source and commercial VOIP-based Phone systems.
- Assist manager in capacity planning
- Procure and set up online accounts and services with direct manager supervision.
- 1-2 years in Linux administration
- Experience in DevOps tools like CI/CD, ansible, terraform, docker, and Kubernetes (k8).
- Knowledge in Cloud Computing
- Knowledge of database (Postgres mainly) clusters, replication, backup, and caching technology like Redis and Varnish.