- Can work independently without direct supervision.
- Previous experience in managing a large and enterprise websites/portals/applications
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in troubleshooting complex IT server and application issues
- 3-5 years of experience in managing Linux systems and Internet websites hosting setup based on Linux technologies and operating systems.
- Must have very good knowledge on data base replication, security etc. (Preferably MySQL)
- Must have very good experience in Installing, configuring, and maintaining web services such as, Apache.
- Very good experience in data backup policy for large IT infrastructure
- Very good experience in monitoring policy and implementation for an IT infrastructure.
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure.
- Assess system performance, provide capacity planning, and drive server OS evolution.
- Passion for quality and solving problems in complex computing environments.
- Plan, implement and maintain high security measures to guarantee site integrity, authenticity, and protection against possible security threats.
- Diagnoses server and operational problems and develops effective solutions.
- Ability to independently make decisions and solve problems.
- Respond to customer service requests and provide production support (24 X 7) coverage to Linux servers on an on-call rotation.
- Not less than 5 years of experience as a linux administrator.
- Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Knowledge of shell scripting.
- Experience in handling high availability websites/applications.
- Knowledge of HA solutions and Disaster recovery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Teamwork oriented, self-motivated, and self-developing.
- Good Presentation Client Engagement skills
- Previous experience in IT operation processes (ITSM)
- Ready to learn multiple technologies
Good to Have:
- Azure/AWS knowledge
- Experience with Windows Server OS