- Perform systems engineering and integration (SE&I) for the development, manufacturing, testing, and certification of flight hardware.
- Provide direction to matrix organizations in the requirements development, design, manufacturing, testing, and certification of flight hardware.
- Perform systems engineering functions in coordinating and supporting flight hardware products and systems development phases, such as design, procurement, fabrication, test, data analysis, implementation, certification, and flight/mission delivery.
- Develop testing and certification plans based on the requirements. Develop and/or review verification data packages to ensure the requirements have been met.
- Plan and execute hardware troubleshooting to investigate mechanical and electrical failures within flight hardware, development or qualification test articles, or test support hardware.
- Review and evaluate the quantity, quality, and overall adequacy of results and conclusions drawn from accomplishment of engineering tasks.
- Select and apply engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate specific problems, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity.
- Perform job functions based on pre-established guidelines or instructions.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to coordinate support from a wide range of technical disciplines.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, material selection, environmental testing, and office software.
- Must have the ability to visualize and work with complex mechanical and electrical systems and work with others in problem solving as part of a team.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules and to work unsupervised for long periods of time.