About the job
Carry on the operational control in dispatching Royal Jordanian flights at the most safe and professional manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Takes over the whole responsibility related to the operational matters of the flight release.
– Keep in contact with OCC duty Manager for any urgent matters related to flight Operations Dispatch & Flights Release.
– Communicates with Crew Scheduling personnel in regards to operating Crew rotation, or possible crew change.
– Continuously monitors/action all e-mails and communications through VHF / ACARS.
– Continual monitoring for all inbound traffic WX requests by operating crew through the Fleet Watch & ACARS, and keep the crew updated on any relevant deteriorating weather conditions at Destination & Alternates and other information.
– Prepare the daily schedule load-sheet for the next shift
– Supervise the flight planning requests for any inbound flights to/ from AMMAN or any station.
– Analyze the WX condition for the next day & keep Dispatch Manager and Flight Operations Management updated.
– Run test flight plans for passenger and cargo flights and check the maximum load for each flight.
– Monitor and check the traffic in and out Europe for the long en-route or airport delays.
– File the ATC flight plans for all RJ flights.
– Continuously follow up and action any slots, changes or re-routing messages received from EURO-CONTROL.
– Provide Cockpit Crew operating ACARS equipped or Non-ACARS equipped Aircraft with the Weather for his Destination and Alternates.
– Provide Operating Crew with Weather TAFORs plus Actual Weather for all surrounding suitable airports from the flying position of the aircraft.
– Interpersonal & Communication skills.
– Team Player.
– Analytical Skills.
– Time Management Skills.
– Ability to work under pressure.
– Holding a Flight Dispatcher license.