About the job
The ideal candidate will be responsible for in-house legal matters including drafting agreements, addressing compliance issues, and participating in negotiation discussions. In order to succeed, this candidate should feel comfortable working with in-house and outside counsels on a variety of legal matters.
- Provide legal support to the various internal departments
- Work with other in-house counsels and outside counsels, as required
- Negotiate and draft complex transactional agreements
- Taking preemptive measures to avoid legal risks and conflicts
- Overseeing client and vendor contracts
- Providing commercially sensible and cost-effective legal advice for construction contracts management
- Conducting legal research
- Drafting basic legal documents for construction projects
- Ensuring compliance to construction laws and regulations
- Preparing damage claims
- Resolving buy-sell disputes and property infringements
- Providing arbitration, litigation and mediation support
- Advising on the latest building standards
- Explaining building standards to stakeholders
- Overseeing health and safety and injury claims and offering advice on court cases
- Meeting and interviewing clients
- Drafting documents, letters and contracts
- Acting on behalf of clients in disputes, if necessary.
- 3+ years’ legal work experience
- Experience in Real estate industry
- Professional degree in Law or Legal Studies.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Proven experience as as attorney in business environment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the corporate governance and legal function with proven work as a commercial lawyer
- Should have strong analytical/problem solving and quantitative abilities.