Purpose of the job
The global Utilities & Offsites (U & O) Engineering Specialist will support the development, innovation, commercialization, and project execution for all U & O activities in UOP Engineering. This role will continue to develop and improve design practices, tools, and infrastructure for U & O in support of all technologies to ensure UOP’s offerings are competitively positioned in the marketplace. The global U & O Specialist role will serve as the SME for UOP Engineering globally, Client Senior Management, and Industry. This role will be expected to make substantial contributions to meet Engineering’s U & O projects requirements, support Engineering Agreements with utilities and emissions guarantees, and support sales and business teams in competitive growth opportunities. The U & O Specialist will also play a critical role in developing the technical bench strength across the U & O skill area to ensure that there is sufficient global experience to meet the expected project load. The U & O Specialist will be responsible for leading a Community of Practice for staffing critical Engineering assignments, knowledge sharing, maintaining infrastructure and ensuring work processes are performed consistently as one global team.
· Lead level Engineering positionsetting U & O global policy
· Lead UOP global U&O technical team
· Lead Community of Practice for global growth and consistency
· Ensure timely and quality U&O related deliverables for basic engineering package
· Provide input into UOP sales proposals for overall UOP Plant or project utility guarantee
· Provide guidance and information to client senior management.
· Provides guidance and information to less experienced engineers
· Play a leadership role in skill area resolution
· Drive maintenance, development, and improvement of key infrastructure and tools
· Plan, organize, and communicate project technical needs to leadership
· Support new business initiatives to drive U & O process improvements and new offerings
· Lead Training Classes
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
· Minimum of 5+ years experience in utilities and offsites engineering and/or process design engineering with utilities and offsites experience
· 2+ Years experience working process simulation experience using Unisim, Aspen, or similar process simulation software
· 2+ years experience developing Utility Flow Diagrams (UFDs), Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and Process and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs)
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, support tool infrastructure and development.
· Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, develop, and mentor others.
· Ability to analyze and solve complex and challenging problems.
· Self-driven and always looking to improve on the current best practices for our technology offerings.
· Strong communication and presentation skills.
· Strong internal and external customer facing skills.
· Relevant experience using Process Simulation Software such as Unisim, Aspen, etc.
· Relevant experience leading a skill area.
· 8+ years of experience in the Utilities and Offsites skill area.