Job Description SummaryIn transport solutions engineering team we enable to move blades around the world and store them safely….
The Design & FE engineer will be part of transport solutions engineering team. He/she will perform transport frame concept design & development, detailed analytical calculations, FE Analysis for transport frame NPI projects and support the team on application engineering projects with analytical calculations and/or FEA as required.
- Experienced in design & finite element analysis of heavy fabricated steel structural, preferably Transport & storage solutions of wind blades & towers, and with a deep knowledge of heavy structures welding and bolted joints
- Deliver NPI projects working directly with cross functional teams, external suppliers, and internal stake holders
- Develop designs, perform analytical calculations on structural designs and verify structure integrity against various blade loading and unloading conditions.
- Develop FE models, pre-processing, post processing and solution recommendation for optimal design in ANSYS Classic and workbench environment
- Act as technical coach and mentor for colleagues with less experience to develop better understanding on design & FE Analysis.
- Develop and/or update Design guidelines and Design templates based on learnings.
- Master’s in mechanical/ Industrial engineering
- Minimum 10-12 years of engineering experience in Design & FE
- Good understanding of wind blade and transport frame interface.
- Strong interpersonal and team player skills
- Take ownership, responsibility, and accountability for actions
- Understanding of DNGVL standards for wind blade transport & storage.
- Maintain positive attitude & believe in team collaboration
- Take challenges as opportunities.
Ability to communicate analysis results with complete overview, risks & solution recommendation.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes