Job Description SummaryProduct Design/Requisition Engineering of Drives products – Mechanical & Thermal management
- Good knowledge in FEA & CFD for new product design & development
- Experience in product upgrade, new product design, static, dynamic design calculations
- Experience in FEA analysis on electrical drives systems, moulded case circuit breakers, E-house and rotating machines.
- CFD analysis for electrical drive systems, rotating machines and E-house
- FEA Analysis expertise (Component Assembly system level RCA): Linear Static, Non-Linear Static, Bucking, Dynamic analysis (modal, harmonic, transient, spectrum),
- Hand calculations – bolts, weld, foundation load and equipment load calculations, etc.,
- Working with Chief & Principal Engineer for product design reviews & approval
- Manage product cost out projects, new product development activities.
- Good experience on product cost optimization to overcome competitors and expand product margin.
- NPI, Localization and Development of Drives products – Mechanical
- Cost out & DMP activities.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelors/Master Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Product design Preferred)
- Mechanical Design with Development expertise (10 + Years) in LV/MV drives
- Experience in Mechanical design & Analysis (Vibration, FEA, CFD, Arc Flash) is a must
- Expertise in new conceptualization, layout and equipment design/optimization with required technical specification
- Good knowledge in CAD tools, Sheet metal design and international standards/GD&T
- Exposure to Manufacturing process and Quality standards
- Ensure OTD /FTY of deliverables
- Technical and Risk management experience
- Demonstrate leadership and ability to motivate others to achieve results, strong influencing skills
- Lead experience to work with cross-functional teams and global assignments
- Self-starter, Initiator & Solution finder for critical problems with high motivation
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Fluent in English
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No