- Responsible for the success of his or her projects including safety, interviewing and hiring crewmen, client contact, enhancement sales, production, and overall quality of service.
- Duties include labor and subcontract management, accepting material at the site, customer relations and overseeing safety on the job.
- Develop a clear understanding of the philosophies by which the company operates, the short-and long-term goals of the branch and the financial position of the branch.
- Get to know your people in an effort to help them develop within the company. Set goals with them and monitor their progress through timely formal and informal evaluations.
- Be an active part of our training process by attending or conducting certification training sessions on a regular basis.
- Plan, schedule and supervise daily production activities on assigned contracts.
- Develop a clear understanding of the hourly and cost budgets for each of your jobs. Monitor by reviewing job hours, reports and job costs regularly and taking action as needed. Communicate budget hours to assistants and crewmembers.
- Develop a good relationship with the client on every job.
- Monitor quality of work and be proactive in bringing issues to the customer’s attention by inspecting the job at the end of each day and completing property service reports.
- Maintain assigned vehicle and equipment in good working order.
- Demonstrated skill and ability managing others at other levels.
- Demonstrated skill and ability working with service customers.
- Ability to identify and diagnose insect and disease problems and schedule appropriate treatment.
- Working knowledge of vehicles and equipment used in contract maintenance and snow removal.