On behalf of a fine dining restaurant, we are hiring Stewards for their Riyadh branch.
Steward is responsible for ensuring the kitchen/Service equipment, all surfaces, serving ware, dish ware are clean and sanitized, and waste disposal as needed.
- Maintains a clean kitchen, properly washes, and sorts soiled dishes, and preps foods as needed. Keeps dish area free of clutter and organized.
- Sets up dish stations, including dish machines and sinks.
- Maintains clean / dry floors throughout the shift.
- Properly washes, stacks, and stores china, glassware, silverware, cookware, and storage containers.
- Change’s water of machines and sinks every two hours, or more often as required by business levels, and properly uses chemical dilutions sets by Third party vendor
- Monitor waste throughout shift and removes full trashcans and boxes at the end of each shift.
- Follows the posted daily dish cleaning duties.
- Assists any other duties set forth or requested by the chef as needed.
- Ensure the cleanliness of all dishware
- Carefully wash by hand, and safely and skilfully operate the washing equipment, to thoroughly clean all service ware, cookware, and utensils, including polishing stainless, glass, and silver ware
- Help maintain safety in the kitchen by clearing spills promptly, keeping all kitchen equipment, oven vents, all floor, wall, and cook surfaces, thoroughly clean
- Empty, wash, and return trash bins
- Keep the wash area organized
- Pitch in to help with special and deep cleaning projects
- Manage waste receptacles throughout the building
- To observe the Company’s rules and procedures and carry out any reasonable request made by their Manager, Supervisor, or the Duty Manager.
- To be aware of your responsibilities in respect of Health and Safety at Work, following all procedures in this respect and reporting to management any hazardous situation or accident.
- To attend training sessions and team meetings as required and to be involved and contribute to these.
● Health & Safety Certification level 1.
● Fit for purpose certificate.
● Basic Food Management Safety certification.
● Awareness of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) and chemical safety.
● 2-3 years in a similar operation type
● Arabic/English Speaking