Responsible for total maintenance and sanitation in all food production service areas. Additional duties may include scheduling, management, and training of staff.
- Coordinate and direct all work assignments in the Stewarding Department to ensure that organization, sanitation, training, inventory, and control of all china, glassware, and silverware items and cost of operations are consistent within the Food & Beverage goals and objectives.
- Supervise the kitchen sanitation operation, including quality and consistent production, quality and cost control, appearance and temperature of the finished product, and timing of service out of the kitchen and into all outlet areas.
- Responsible for the supervision, upkeep, safety, and cleanliness in food preparation areas, refrigeration and storage areas, food and beverage service areas, hallways, corridors, and storerooms.
- Responsible for cost control and the proper storage of all service ware items including china, glass, silver, and food preparation equipment. Responsible for supervising the proper storage of all food items.
- Responsible for the supervision, scheduling, and development, and training of all Stewarding Department employees in order to achieve budgeted food and beverage revenues.
- Work with purchasing agent on purchasing and receiving to ensure that china, glassware, and silverware specifications are met. Schedule and conduct quarterly inventory of these items.
- Plan day-to-day setups of china, glassware, and silverware items for all banquet functions and outlets and ensure that they are properly completed and delivered.
- To conduct, under the guidance of the Executive Chef, functions such as interviewing, hiring, employee orientation, on-the-job performance, coaching, and supervision necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- To carry out the physical inventory of all equipment (glassware, chinaware, silverware, kitchen utensils, etc.) two times a year and prepare and submit a calculation of budget requirements accordingly to the Executive Chef in order to reduce breakage/loss.
- To assist the Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Pastry Chef whenever needed.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness at the back of the house and has to manage the standards of sanitation.
- Must possess the basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of health codes as they apply to food preparation.
- Strong knowledge of soaps, chemicals, sanitation techniques, and warewashing procedures.