Junior Marketing Manager for the Middle East and North Africa – Fragrance Consumer Products (Home & Fabric Care)
A Junior Marketing Manager with the global leader in the creation of Taste & Wellbeing and Fragrance & Beauty, and a key member of the Middle East & North Africa Fragrance Consumer Products Development team, while being based in our Dubai office – Your future position?
Our senses step into gear from the moment we wake up in the morning until we turn in for the night. The consumer grooming and cleaning regimen intersects with personal care, home & air care, fabric care, oral care, and active beauty products, with fragrance at the core of every experience. Givaudan Consumer Products (CPs) are, more often than not, responsible for carrying you through the olfactive journey of your day.
Givaudan’s CP teams are present in every region of the world. Years of experience have resulted in an innate knowledge of consumer preferences depending on the segment and geographical location. Our CP teams work together to create the success that Givaudan thrives on and brings together a variety of skill sets – creation and evaluation, consumer market research, marketing, sampling, sales, Client relations, and QC, and we have a selection of key competencies present in each region.
We are currently looking to expand our small, friendly, and fabulous Fragrances Consumer Products Marketing team in the region and hire a ‘Junior Marketing Manager’ to focus on the Home & and Fabric Care Categories, which are a part of our core Fragrance Consumer Product offerings. The role will focus on the diverse MENA (the Middle East & North Africa) region, including Pakistan and Iran. You will be based in our Dubai Media City office and report to the MENA Regional Marketing Lead for Home and Fabric Care.
You will contribute towards achieving our purpose and business objectives by providing industry-leading B2B Marketing expertise incorporating consumer insights and create engaging Customer experiences through our range of integrated fragrance solutions. In this role, you will apply your knowledge of the MENA markets and consumers and be responsible for gathering and analysing the market and consumer insights to generate key learnings and promote new business opportunities. You will also help to create and deliver engaging and compelling Customer presentations with the support of the Regional Marketing Lead.
You will work for a company that touches billions of consumers more than a hundred times a day. With its heritage stretching back over 250 years, Givaudan has a long history of innovating scents and tastes. Our passion is to collaborate with Customers and partners to develop game-changing innovations in the food & beverage, fragrance and beauty industries. We have a culture that works to inspire, challenge and capture the heart and soul of consumers and Customers. Our Customers in the MENA region have local, regional, and international profiles, bringing diversity and curiosity to your daily job.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if you have a true passion for the world of fragrance and consumer products, love staying ahead of the curve, always aim to exceed Customer needs, and are skilled at fostering strong relationships.
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for:
INTERNAL – To demonstrate a clear understanding of the market, category, and fragrance landscape and translate this knowledge into clearly well-defined business opportunities. Specifically, you will:
- Create market reports to capture an in-depth understanding of the Home and Fabric Care categories. The reports would entail:
– Defining the category segmentation.
– Highlighting key moves of major players and identifying emerging brands worth observing.
– Category and market gap analysis to learn about the consumer target, brand distribution, key formats, price positioning, unique selling proposition, consumer engagement and communications
– Collaboration with the Consumer & Market Insights team (CMI) to gather consumer knowledge around category usage, attitudes, and fragrance preferences.
– Collaboration with the Fragrance Development teams to gather knowledge of the fragrance landscape and olfactory preferences for different markets and categories.
– Collaboration with the Sales teams to ensure that market products are sourced from different countries whenever required.
- Monitor global category trends to identify inspirations and business growth opportunities that resonate with the local markets.
- Monitor regional category and brand moves by going on market visits, tracking consumer communications, engaging with the regional sales teams to collate market insights.
- Engage and collaborate with Givaudan’s global marketing community to share market knowledge.
EXTERNAL (Customer facing) – To promote Givaudan’s fragrance solutions through a B2B and B2C lens by creating engaging Customer experiences through presentations and concepts built around compelling consumer stories. Specifically, you will:
- Participate in project briefing sessions led by the Sales team and align on the level of marketing support required to address Customer briefs (objectives, project timelines, and final deliverables).
- Create and deliver Customer presentations to promote Givaudan fragrances. Such presentations are intended to:
– Tell a compelling and visually engaging consumer story based on data and insights.
– Bring fragrances to life through creative concepts and mood boards.
- Collaborate with the Fragrance Development and CMI teams to ensure harmonisation of final deliverables/presentations planned for submission to the Customer.
- Support the Marketing Lead in setting up and facilitating Customer workshops:
– Venue displays: Work with the relevant teams to source inspiring market products from different countries.
– Building presentations to steer the workshop discussions (market, category, consumer knowledge, noteworthy trends, and concept proposals).
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world.
Your professional profile:
- A Bachelor or University degree in Marketing.
- 5+ years of relevant and progressive experience in the B2B marketing space. Preference for candidates from the Fragrance, Flavours, Ingredients, Chemicals, or exposure to B2B marketing for other relevant sectors with a Sensorial element involved for the products or solutions on offer.
- A good understanding or mix of experience in also B2C marketing will be advantageous.
- Excellent presentation and project management skills.
- A team player and comfortable with diversity.
- Excellent oral and written proficiency in the English language. Knowledge of additional languages like Arabic or French will be advantageous
- Able to travel within the Middle East and North Africa region for Customer visits and consumer market monitoring when required (~10% of the time)
- Attractive package with benefits.
- Excellent opportunities for progressive learning and development.
- A creative team environment that will inspire you.