- Assigning janitorial duties to staff and regularly inspecting their work to ensure that established standards are met.
- Issuing cleaning supplies and equipment to janitorial staff as needed.
- Taking inventory of all cleaning supplies and equipment and informing management when supplies are depleted.
- Assisting with the screening and hiring of new job applicants.
- Providing training and guidance to janitorial staff.
- Resolving conflicts between janitorial staff in an efficient manner.
- Attending meetings and in-service training sessions as required.
- Performing all janitorial duties necessary in instances of staff shortages.
- Proven experience working as a Janitorial Supervisor.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of various cleaning methods.
- The ability to lift heavy equipment.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.