1. Job Purpose
The role Responsible for IT Service desk operations, to provide IT users at Al Ghurair, effective, efficient
and professional IT support on information and communication technology (ICT) infrastructure, systems
and services, while managing some of the second level system administrative tasks.
2. Principle Accountabilities
- Operating from the centralized service desk, providing IT support over remote connection and on-site to
the users across Al Ghurair
- Investigate and resolve 1st / 2nd line support calls including call logging, diagnosis and resolution as
appropriate for incident and problem calls as defined by Group IT SOPs.
- Review health of all Data Centres that are supported by AGI-Group IT and provide recommendations to
improvise current conditions, create support documents and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform certain system administrative tasks like user account management, software license compliance,
etc as delegated by the system administrators to reduce the turn-around time to the end-users.
- Ensure the consistency and accuracy of IT Assets inventories, following the SOPs.
- Ensure the consistency of the patching levels on the end-user systems
- Monitor and track progress of incidents raised from initial report to resolution, ensuring adherence to
operating standards and IT Policy/SLA, OLA – escalating to vendors as required.
- Create and amend necessary support documentation to ensure known errors and troubleshooting
guidance is recorded, assisting colleagues in resolution of ICT issues and ensuring a foundation of
appropriate technical knowledge is maintained.
- Communicate regularly with the IT Service Team Leader regarding the current status of operations.
- Provide Level 1 support and troubleshooting to identify network problems and resolve issues.
- Manage the relation with Telecom service Providers (STC & Mobily) for all add/move/change
requirements related to data and voice services across the sites in KSA.
- Prepare and maintain the process for reporting, monitoring and logging network performance.
- Basic server hardware level troubleshooting.
Should have basic Knowledge of Domain controller, DHCP, DNS, file servers sharing and NTFS permission.
3. Major Challenges
The role is very demanding for being able to deal with of user issues and service requests.
Maximum uptime of Data Centre infrastructure and facilities is of prime importance.
Quick timely response and on-call support for Data Centre incident resolution is necessary.
The role demands a constant balance between the system administrative activities and managing
escalations from the 1st level support
Dealing over the phone / via remote connection, with users from multicultural backgrounds and with
24X7 Support operations with 70+ locations across 8 countries
4. Key Decisions
Prioritize calls in case of emergencies where it’s not viable to go as per the set procedure
Evaluate and recommend vendors for various IT hardware and software procurements
6 Sectors, 200+BUs
3500+ IT Users
70+ physical locations
20+ Shared Services
50+ BU specific services
Centralized Service desk team
6. Communication and Working Relationship
IT management – Reporting and taking instructions on high severity incidents, escalations, new
IT Users – Visits and meeting to understand their needs as well as to test and install hardware and
2nd level IT support – seeks support on backend system changes and coordinates on projects
- Software and hardware suppliers – Handling RMA requests, coordination on support calls
Skills and Knowledge
- Science graduate with at least 2 years IT diploma
Overall 5+ years of experience in an IT Service desk / helpdesk or end-user computing support
environment preferably with a conglomerate or an MNC
Analytical & Problem Solving
Teamwork & Cooperation
Customer Service Oriented
Communication and Negotiation
– IT Service Support & delivery
– IT Quality Assurance
– ITIL foundations
– Microsoft certified professional (not
older than 2 years)
– Strong verbal and written
communication skills in English language
– Experience with data and voice networks
and relevant systems such as UPS
– Experience on ITSM tools (preferably