To provide technical support on the development, maintenance, testing and implementation of a portion of IT solutions in line with business requirements.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Write program code in order to support the development and implementation of efficient and effective IT solution components.
- Keep up-to-date technical systems documentation for developed IT solutions in order to support systems maintenance.
- Perform unit and integrated testing of new, enhanced or fixed code in order to ensure completeness and adherence to technical specifications.
- Assist in the installation, configuration and customization of IT systems ensuring compliance with WFP’s IT standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Assist in the release of IT systems and provide early life support in order to prepare for and enable proper use of the IT solution.
- Resolve users queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered, and accurate information is provided.
- Assist in the preparation of materials and the delivery of trainings on automated business processes to ensure efficient and effective use of IT inhouse and corporate systems and applications.
- Collect and collate data, conduct basic analysis to support the development of accurate reports.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has aided IT team members in building technical skills and staying abreast of industry developments.
- Has gained knowledge of technical issues through exposure to IT operations.
- Has been a main team member of the design, development, and implementation of software applications for a reputable organization.
- Worked as backend developers using PHP, Ruby, ASP.net, or Python and to be proficient at working with databases like MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Has performed user support activities resulting in timely, high-quality delivery of services to user community.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education & Experience: First University degree in Computer Science/software engineering with 4 years of work experience in software development and digital service delivery with a reputable organization is required.
Language: Fluency level C in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.