These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of the Unit, Chief or Information Technology Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other staff.
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONT’D
- Provide training and support of WFP staff in emerging technologies and applications (mainly Office365, Outlook, Unified Communications, VoIP telephony, Digital Services, … etc.).
- Provide training and support of WFP staff for Cloud solutions and collaboration applications (e.g., OneDrive, ZOOM, TEAMS, SharePoint, … etc.).
- Install, operate, and maintain emergency telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Install and maintain mobile telecommunication equipment (such as Digital Radios, BGAN, IRIDIUM, Thuraya, Thuraya IP, … etc.).
- Maintain, test Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan, including Telecommuting.
- Setup, configure and maintain information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases, and creating Dashboards to ensure the information is current and well organized.
- Maintain staff support and request tickets in WFP corporate ticketing system.
- Store and maintain WFP ICT systems logs or archives of information in database for proper data presentation and visualization using Dash-boards tools.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide WFP Palestine Gaza office and staff with any requested ICT services and supports in compliance with WFP IT Hardware and software standards.
- Carry out system maintenance tasks such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimization, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Setup and maintain of the Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN), Multi-Functional Printers, VoIP Desk phones, Wireless Access Points/Controllers, … etc.).
- Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
- Maintain and monitor network and systems, servers, and peripherals, using standard tools to diagnose problems, and identify IT security vulnerabilities or attacks (Viruses, intrusions, and other mal functions).
- Disseminate and maintain standard materials, such as computer hardware and/or software for WFP Gaza office.
- Maintain a backup plan to backup Office data on timely basis.
- Provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
Internal Controls & Compliance: Utilizes understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance and ensure data integrity.
Performance Budgeting, Reporting & Analysis: Manages budget, business planning, and forecasting discussions on a programme-wide level, integrating financial resource information from a portfolio of projects to analyze effectiveness and financial viability.
Resources Management (People, time, assets, etc.): Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders.
Financial Management and Accounting Principles: Monitors and advises senior leaders on the financial status of projects and programmes, tracking outcomes to ensure transparent and effective utilization of resources.
Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates thorough understanding of WFP programme and financial policies, business processes and applies these in the implementation or support of WFP programme interventions.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
• Has worked with head of units in defining requirements for functional area.
• Has experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Net Salary Per month: 9,128 ILS / month
Social Insurance: 8.33% on a monthly basis
Duty Station: Gaza
Taxability of Salary: Tax – NOT exempted (Remuneration under SC is not exempt from national or local taxation)
Annual Leave: 2.5 Annual leave days per month
Certified Sick Leave: 2 days per month
Medical insurance: The Medical insurance coverage will be granted by WFP (cost is sharing among the contractor and WFP)
Death and Disability: SC holders must be covered for service incurred disability/injury/death, at no cost.
National holidays: 10 days per year, will be those observed by the WFP office in the country. You will be entitled to holiday days fallen within your contract duration.
Working hours: 5 days a week (Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 15:30pm). Or as agreed upon with the direct supervisor in accordance to the operation
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
8th August 2022