The Support Specialist is a dynamic role within that is responsible for supporting our cloud, and on premise client environments by providing timely, and professional resolution via ticketing, phone, and on premise support. This entry level role is designed as a springboard to gain experience into an environment that will provide a solid foundation for progressing into more advanced roles and responsibilities. The Support Specialist will have involvement and ownership of installation, implementation, and support tasks of on premise servers, desktop PC’s, phone systems, networking equipment, and all related hardware and software that sustain the client’s environment. Additionally assisting in routine system configuration and maintenance are key to this role as well as interacting and coordinating with clients, and also cross-functionally with other teams, and employees within the company to achieve project goals, deliveries, and continued quality support.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Provide tier 1 support via ticketing system, phone, and instant messenger platforms (Slack/Glip)
- Manage and support client’s local/regional physical PCs, virtualized and physical servers, on premise network, related software applications were applicable, and backup integrity
- Identify, communicate, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, printers, and workstations with minimal supervision. Escalate to tier 2 or higher support as necessary
- Manage and verify local/regional data backup and restore integrity
- Manage specific clients application stacks per contract terms
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance (such as AD/Radius)
- Document client processes and transfer knowledge via team meetings and company wiki
- Report to the management team and effectively communicate technical project status and updates
- Autonomously conduct research to solve unidentified problems to resolve client issues
- Track on premise client assets, perform inventory of warranty and maintenance and related
- Must be Fluent in English
- Work from home position requires home internet connection capable of supporting Voice over IP and streaming video (5MB or greater download speed)
- Monday thru Friday Work Schedule 2nd (12 pm – 9 pm) and 3rd Shift(6 pm-3 am) Positions. These positions are in Cairo Time to support U.S business hours.
- Ability to work some weekends as needed.
- Strong technical knowledge of desktop and server operating systems and hardware
- An understanding of business ethics, client confidentiality, honesty, and integrity
- Basic knowledge of IP subnetting, and layer 2 network administration
- Strong customer service orientation, and abilities to communicate technically to clients both orally and written
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with minimal oversight
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure situations
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Emphasis on decision-making, prioritization, self-management, and time-management skills
- Ability to create documentation, processes, and diagrams with minimal oversight
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Availability for occasional 7/24 and weekend work as required for client business requirements, which include: maintenance windows, installations, and migrations
- Some international travel may be required for training or other work-related reasons so all applicable travel documentation must be available, or made available if needed.