- Expert understanding of management reporting, information flow and organizational planning
Expert knowledge in the use of the Policy Administration system for all policy transactions to effectively drive accuracy and process efficiency
Working knowledge of business planning process to support short and medium term department planning
Expert competency in reading and interpreting all policy wordings relevant to (Motor, property all risk, Contractors’ Plant & Machinery (CPM), money, fidelity grantee, CGL, Projects), used endorsements
Expert competency in Claims Process relevant to (Motor, property all risk, Contractors’ Plant & Machinery (CPM), money, fidelity grantee, CGL, Projects)
- Assist the Underwriting leadership team in conducting quarterly performance appraisals as well as staff performance plans where required.
- Participate and lead, where required, the interview process and make recommendations to the Underwriting leadership team on the hiring of new employees.
Ability to lead product and technical training to internal staff and external broker/agent partners
Ability to clearly communicate The insurance companies positioning on issues to internal and external partners
- Accountable for the ongoing Underwriting file audit process and reporting of summary results.
- Leads the Underwriting team to meet or exceed expectations on process turnaround for inspection reviews, new business, renewal and endorsement transactions