To ensure the reliability and availability of instrumentation and related systems and to provide technical support to plant operation and maintenance on all aspects related to instrumentation and control systems (SIS, MMS and Compressor Anti-surge Controllers) and hardware component of control system (DCS). These include providing guidance and assistance in resolving failures or recurring plant problems, improving control systems hardware reliability, and ensuring instrument equipment availability.
- Analyze / troubleshoot instrumentation and related systems malfunctions, failures, breakdowns and trips. Initiates and implements actions to determine and eliminate its root cause.
- Provide technical and troubleshooting support to Engineers, Supervisors and Technicians as required.
- Provide technical support for complex troubleshooting, systems, engineering activities, revamp/upgrading, new projects, asset integrity and reliability issues.
- Provide analysis on Instrumentations and related systems to enhance equipment reliability and availability.
- Regularly monitor Control systems hardware & ESD systems for diagnostic alarms and initiate corrective actions.
- Prepare technical study reports with clear conclusions, recommendations and implementation target dates.
- Ensure Reliability Measures & Recommendations (RIS/RCA/RCM) are timely implemented.
- Ensures that plant reliability monitoring equipment’s are in an operating condition and calibrated as per ISO requirements
- Provide regular support to Instrument and Electrical Manager in Day-to-Day activities, Budget Preparation, Manpower Planning, Monthly Progress / Activity Reporting.
- Carries out assignments given by Senior Management.
- Leads/Participate in Incident Investigation RCA, RIS, RCM and other methodologies activities.
- Review maintenance programs (Preventive and Predictive) on periodic intervals.
- Ensure Engineering & Asset Integrity aspects meet SABIC standards / International Standards.
- Review and Approve Engineering Documents & Drawings.
- Provide timely support for breakdown and corrective maintenance.
- Participate on plant standby and on call as scheduled to provide technical support for emergency breakdown and corrective maintenance
- Review and provide planned turnaround inputs to TA planning as per schedule. Lead/Participate in Functional Check outs. Carries out specific assigned duties during Turn Around.
- Carry out all duties safely and comply with company’s quality and safety procedures, regulations and programs.
- Attend department scheduled safety meetings
- Participate as element administrator & sub element administrator for SHEM elements as required.
- Participate in PSW, LSR, PSSR, and HAZOP.
- Investigate, review and report on plant safety incidents and process incidents.
- Establish Technical Support Agreements for instrumentations and related systems with OEMs. Provide scope of work for such agreements.
- Liaison with OEM, outside specialists, consultants, laboratories, SABIC ATC, etc. for Instrumentation technical support as required.
- Participates / represents the company in technical meetings, SABIC technical networking committees, discussions, seminars etc. as and when required. 5%
- Review and provide engineering inputs in notifications /work orders.
- Reviews spares of critical equipment’s and provides specifications for order.
- Develop specifications, detail engineering and design for the procurement in line with GAS / SABIC / International standards.
- Carry out technical evaluation of Instrument materials PR and service PR. Develops and reviews scope of work for service PRs.
- provide job definitions, work scopes, spare requirements and technically evaluates contractor bid for new/non-routine/specialized SOW
Propose capital projects in the Instrument and control systems with justifications and supporting documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation Engineering
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years engineering/maintenance experience in a large or medium sized process or utility plant.
- Specialized knowledge/ experience in some areas of instrument engineering.
- Aware of international engineering standards, industry best practices.
- Well versed in electrical safety standards and requirements.
- Should be well conversed with RCM analysis tools, Knowledge of MERIDIUM or any such reliability tools would be an advantage.
- Job Specific Skills: (Key functional, leadership, or business skills required)
- Spoken English – Fluent
- Written English – Fluent
- PC Skill – Good
- Preferred Saudi Nationality