Overview & Responsibilities:
Our requirement is Instrumentation & Control Engineer to work in engineering department on EPC projects.
· Working as Instrument & Control Engineer responsible for preparing / reviewing Instrumentation Detailed Engineering Package consisting of Construction scope of work, Instrument Specification Sheets, Instrument Installation Schedule, Cable and Conduit Schedule, Interconnection Diagram, DCS Marshalling Cabinets Wiring Diagram, Instrument Loop Diagram, Cable Block Diagram, Instrument Location Plan, Cable routing Diagram, Logic Diagram, Cause And Effect Diagrams, P & IDs, hook-up drawings, Elementary Diagram, UPS panel Schedule, Orifice Plate Sizing and material take-off for Aramco, Sabic and Sadara.
· Verification of preliminary design provided by Aramco, Sabic, Sadara, etc.
· Carry out instrument sizing calculations and verification checks
· Review and develop P&IDs for correctness in respect of control & safety requirements and instrumentation.
· Assist the designers with the preparation of cable block diagrams, cable routing, equipment layouts, termination drawings and schedules
· Review all drawings and ensure that the quality of design and drawings produced meeting client standards and procedures.
· Prepare specifications, MRs and TBEs
· Attend coordination meetings and engineering review meetings with client & supplier as required
· Review and approve NMRS
· Conducting site visit and collect all required information
· Co-ordinate with Procurement Department and ensure certified drawings are available in time to meet the engineering schedules.
· Follow up C&I construction work on project sites to ensure correct interpretation of designs regarding installation. Resolve any C&I problems arising during construction & commissioning.
· Suggest ways to improve efficiency, costs and service in the execution of projects
· Assist where necessary in the compilation of operating manuals and mechanical catalogues.
· Supporting estimation, procurement and construction departments as required.
· Preparation of redline drawings and As-built packages.
· Informs Project Management Team of any change in scope.
· Prepare design change notification (DCN) report for additional scope of work and take approval from Client.
· Perform such duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Engineering Manager.
Skills & Qualifications
· Experience with approved Engineering Contractor in KSA is required.
· Bachelor’s degree in instrumentation and control engineering or similar.
· Proven track record in FEED/Detailed Design experience.
· Previous experience with Saudi Aramco/Sabic/Sadara is required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint is required.
· Ability to deliver documentation that is technically correct to the required standard and schedule
· Experience with Smart plant Instrumentation software tools.