- Manages projects involving feasibility studies, systems analysis, design, development and implementation of new, moderately complex systems, and/or, acts as a team leader of a development team with responsibility for major components of the more complex systems.
- Develops project plans, detailed system and other functional specifications and user documentation for major systems.
- Provides specialized advice to users, analyzing users’ requirements and translating these into new applications; determines application systems integration and linkage issues.
- Maintains, upgrades or enhances existing user systems; troubleshoots and provides continuing user support, to include resolving difficult problems, advising on the use of new techniques, monitoring transactions to measure performance and continued effectiveness of assigned systems, etc.
- Develops and maintains computer programs that require integration of many interrelated systems and program elements; ensures appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area issues.
- Researches, analyzes and evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations for their deployment.
- Participates in writing reports and papers on systems-related topics, system requirements, information strategy, etc.
- Facilitates communications between GSD and its clients for good client relations.
- Provides guidance to, and may supervise, new/junior staff, consultants, etc.
- Problem Solving
- Management Skills
- Computer Science and Programming
- Security Awareness