To maintain and develop sales of a portfolio of chemical raw material products to the relevant industry area in the country to achieve agreed business targets and meet customer needs.
1. To manage, develop and understand the needs of a growing customer base, making regular visits to these accounts and building, maintaining and managing relationships with key contacts at all levels.
2. Negotiating prices and volumes with customers in order to maximize returns to the business
3. Seek out, analyse and develop new accounts, promoting sales of the product portfolio in line with business growth strategies.
4. To agree annual sales budgets with the Commercial Manager and Business Manager
5. Gather, analyse, interpret and present market, product, competitor and industry data to enable development of the forward strategy of the business
6. To visit and represent the company at trade fairs, exhibitions and conferences, networking with representatives from a broad range of companies
7. Pro-actively monitor and review payment terms against customer portfolio, ensuring that payment terms and methods are adhered to, keeping business risk to a minimum. Ensure that payment terms and cash flow implications are considered at time of negotiation for all new and existing business.
Reporting line and organisational level
* Commercial Manager, Business Manager, Country MD
Internal and external stakeholders of the role
*Sales Managers, Product Managers, Commercial Manager, Customer Team
Experience, Skills & Education
- Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering or Materials Engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Fluent in English
- Negotiation skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Knowledge and networks within country area industry
- Understanding of products and their application