ICT Infrastructure PMO
The overall purpose of the PMO is to provide guidance and assistance in the planning and tracking of ICT infrastructure projects. The PMO will assist project managers create of a set of plans adhering to with milestones, deliverables and activities. The P&CA will also establish a tracking mechanism to help report progress. The PMO will provide ongoing management, update and distribution of the detailed plan (both through updates provided and by Change Request), including chasing for updates where required. The PMO will highlight where tasks, deliverables and products are running late or ahead with the opportunity to optimize scheduling. The PMO constructs, and maintains various Planning Management info — short and long term Plan on a Page(s) — without supervision.
Identifying and tracking dependencies within the project is also an integral part of the role. The PMO understands how dependencies are Coded/tracked/reported and holds dependency review calls with Program Managers. The P&CA tracks these dependencies and highlights to the project manager where there is slippage and what the “knock-on” effect of the slippage is.
- Design, architect, implement and support Enterprise ICT Infrastructure which comprises of Server, Network, VoIP, Security, VM and Storage products.
- Organize and drive multiple simultaneous projects to meet security, services and infrastructure needs.
- Track progress and drive results in security, services, and infrastructure. Work with technical and business leaders to provide solutions and services, deliver, and install products.
- Manage project timelines and validate project deliverables to meet business objectives.
- Manage the business stakeholder expectations and schedules and build products and services to meet company needs.
- Be involved in and responsible for projects from conception through to production deployment, with responsibilities ranging from budget forecasting to working with individuals to insure they deliver on time.
- Works to identify and manage (where required) key plan-related risks and issues
- Monitor program/project baselines to ensure activities are occurring as planned — scope, budget and schedule
- Proactively identify risks and issues on programs/ projects, helping team to develop risk management and issue management plans
- Identify potential points of contention for missed deliverables
- Develop and manage plans to address program/project strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Analysis of program/project data to produce management information and identify and deliver continual improvement
- Hands-on resource on planning and technical activities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience
- 2 to 4 years of experience in PMO or program/project management
- Other relevant experience in a related technical field (deployment/ implementation and infrastructure)